Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: message board or bulletin board

Re: message board or bulletin board

Vijay

Hi,
My suggession is you can use silverlight or ajax.
Create a table for storing messages which contains the following columns.
date, message, from, to, Mark as read.
when user A creates a message and sends it to D,E,F then the multiple rows
should be inserted in the table
like this.
date, message, A,D,0
date, message, A,E,0
date, message, A,F,0

And when D login, the apps must search for new messages in the table.

I just gave you an idea. I think that this would help you. If you need any
suggesions ,top post.

vijay chandar

"JohnE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello. Working with ASP.Net and C#. Putting together a portal and the
> boss
> is asking for some type of message board or bulletin board feature that
> would
> be seen when the user first signs in. It would contain the ability have
> some general notices for all employees as well as messages to individuals.
> So if employee A has a message for employees D, E, F, when they signed in
> they would see the message, no others would. Seeking to know if anyone
> has
> any knowledge of a message board or bulletin board? It does not need to
> be
> glitzy with lots of bells and whistles.
> Thank you.
> John

ANN: Pocoo (bulletin board software) 0.1 beta released Georg Brandl Python 4 09-21-2006 11:23 AM
go here to complain to Logitech about your cam drivers http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=quickcam_software&message.id=911 hught1956 Windows 64bit 7 08-24-2006 02:06 PM
Bulletin Board qwe85 ASP .Net 1 01-25-2006 12:29 PM
Bulletin/Message Board Question Patrick Olurotimi Ige ASP .Net 2 01-19-2005 02:29 AM
Network monitoring bulletin board and forum Vigilance Monitoring Computer Security 2 10-14-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments