Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win 7/64 pro: default save folder wrong

Win 7/64 pro: default save folder wrong

Sardine

My Win 7/64 pro seems to have a "master default" folder location where
it wants so save everything and anything that I want to save. It doesn't
sseem to care what kind of files it is.

I would like to have Word files saved in their preferred folder, and etc.

I would even accept having to specify where all files are saved.

How can I make W7 forget this wrong default folder?

Better would be to have programs have their own default save locations.

Thanks

Sardine

Bobby Johnson

Where are you seeing this default action?

When I save files from MS Office programs I can select where to save it;
when I save downloaded files I can select where to save it; etc.