Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Ideazon Zboard Gaming Keyboard Review

Ideazon Zboard Gaming Keyboard Review

09-27-2005
The Overclocker Cafe' has posted a review of the Ideazon Zboard Gaming Keyboard. For those of you not familiar with the Zboard, it consists of a base unit with swappable keyboard inlays laid out to make gameplay easier and more intuitive. The left side of the board is laid out around several oversized red keys binded with the typical movement keys of W, S, A and D. Other gaming hotkeys for crouch, run, jump, etc are laid out in this area for easy and fast finger reach. Here's a snip of the review.

In use, there wasn't a pause for me to tell myself "you know, I'm fragging one helluva lot more here" but there was a moment or two of feeling my action being a smidge cleaner. The kind of thing you don't think about until after the fact. That thing being the indirect way the Zboard wins you over. My gameplay felt more relaxed and less stressed with the search/stabbing for keys I was used to a few weeks ago, eliminated. The Zboard's ergonomics for lack of a better word, reminded me that playing games is supposed to be physically as well as emotionally pleasant.

Review link: http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...ard/index.html

09-27-2005
I use the Zboard now, it's my main board at the moment. It's not great for typing but for gaming it's great. I'd recommend it. I use it for UT2004, BF2, City of Heroes, Advent Rising, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars and a few others. Works great. My only improvement would be the actual keyboard section of the gaming inserts, it doesn't NEED to fold twice, a single fold with a full laptop style keyboard layout would make it even more useful.