Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit

Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit

rak

My home network has both 64bit and 32bit laptops on it. They are now
running Windows 7. You noted the scanner issue. I'd also consider how you
use your printer. If you have a home print server such as one from Linksys,
chances are it will not work. I got around this by using an old desktop on
the network and usb'ing the printer to it as a network printer. Otherwise,
I have had no problems with things like tv tuners, old scanners if connected
via usb, and the like. As someone else said, most older apps do not work
any faster, but overall the pc functions much better under 64bit (with 4G of
ram).

news:C75C0F45.8D66%(E-Mail Removed)...