Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows 7 question..

Windows 7 question..

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter Huebner
wrote:

> Kylix never really got going properly, certainly in terms of taking and
> compiling Delphi code so I'd have to chuck my homebrew accounting
> software or re-write it from scratch.

You used a proprietary language and development environment which is now
defunct. It was your choice, you knew the risks. I’ve been there and done
that, too. At some point you have to bite the bullet and move on. I did.

> Show me the linux client for AOnline, or the executable for Civilization 4
> (that one at least _almost_ runs under wine), or programs like Drakensang,
> X3, GalCiv or the Witcher ....

So you’ve been sucked into the moribund PC gaming niche, and you’re asking
if anybody can offer you a way out. I’ve got news for you: nobody is going
to rescue you from the hole you’ve dug for yourself, it’s up to you to get
out.

Peter Huebner

In article <hhc9bn$uot$(E-Mail Removed)>, ldo@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand says...

> So you?ve been sucked into the moribund PC gaming niche, and you?re asking
> if anybody can offer you a way out. I?ve got news for you: nobody is going
> to rescue you from the hole you?ve dug for yourself, it?s up to you to get
> out.

What the hell are you on about? I wasn't sucked into anything, and I
don't want to be rescued. I am doing something that I enjoy, by choice.
WTF did you think? Hmmmm.

So, taking a leaf out of your book, here's a similarly preposterous
come-back for you:
Nobody can help it if you've been brainwashed into a sad repressed
puritan zealot. It's up to you to liberate yourself.

Like it?

-P.

Carnations

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:59:21 +1300, Peter Huebner wrote:

>> LOL - quibbling over how much Micro$oft Tax you have to pay is so
>> stupid. So you want to use that crippleware - you'll have to keep on
>> paying up and paying up and paying up... and paying up!
>>
>> The truly stupid thing is that you will bitch about it, but you will
>> ultimately keep on bending over each time Microsoft tells you to do so
>> - despite the existence of better options!
>>

> You really need to widen your horizons a bit

I have. As a result I no longer pay the Microsoft tax.

I'm sad for you that you feel so trapped into using Microsoft software.

Carnations

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:42:54 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

>>The truly stupid thing is that you will bitch about it, but you will
>>ultimately keep on bending over each time Microsoft tells you to do so -
>>despite the existence of better options!

> What another Lunix Nutter, have you not read the LUNIX is TOTTAL CRAP..

Nobody is talking about Linux, Woger. We're talking about those who bitch about paying the Microsoft
tax but in the end meekly bend over and take it all like the good little locked in customers they are.

wrote:

> In article <hhc9bn$uot$(E-Mail Removed)>, ldo@geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand says...
>>
>> So you?ve been sucked into the moribund PC gaming niche, and you?re
>> asking if anybody can offer you a way out. I?ve got news for you: nobody
>> is going to rescue you from the hole you?ve dug for yourself, it?s up to
>> you to get out.

> What the hell are you on about? I wasn't sucked into anything, and I
> don't want to be rescued.

Really? Then why did you bother raising those examples at all, if you had no
intention of accepting any advice on what to do about them?

Sailor Sam

impossible wrote:

> Really -- as far as the desktop is concerned **nobody** is talking about
> Linux.

You are

Carnations

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:33:23 +1300, Sailor Sam wrote:

> impossible wrote:
>
>> Really -- as far as the desktop is concerned **nobody** is talking
>> about Linux.

> You are

Indeed he is. He seems preoccupied with statistics. Personally, I just use Linux based software
because it works, is reliable and secure in ways that other OSes are not. And because it is Free (as in
speech).

Mary Hanna

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:49:29 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:33:23 +1300, Sailor Sam wrote:
>
>> impossible wrote:
>>
>>> Really -- as far as the desktop is concerned **nobody** is talking
>>> about Linux.

>> You are

>Indeed he is. He seems preoccupied with statistics. Personally, I just use Linux based software
>because it works, is reliable and secure in ways that other OSes are not. And because it is Free (as in
>speech).

Its CRAP..

Sailor Sam

Mary Hanna wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:49:29 +0000 (UTC), Carnations
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> You are

>> Indeed he is. He seems preoccupied with statistics. Personally, I just use Linux based software
>> because it works, is reliable and secure in ways that other OSes are not. And because it is Free (as in
>> speech).

> Its CRAP..

See all these people talking about it...