Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Libraries?

Libraries?

Daves Spam

I have always put my pictures/videos in the same place since way back and
now there is those same places but also Libraries. So where do I store my
pictures/music/videos and if still in the old place how do I make Libraries
also see it without putting it in two places which I have now. Now each
time I open a folder I'm seeing the same dated picture folder twice. I
guess I have screwed up so what next?

Bobby Johnson

The Libraries folders are only symbolic links set up by Win 7. The best
thing is to just forget about it an live with it. My experience is that
although you see the same objects in the folders directly under
Libraries, I am not able to save directly to those, but have to go down
one layer; ie, I can't save to Libraries\Document but must go to
Libraries\Documents\My Documents

On 2009-12-25 12:56, Daves Spam wrote:
> I have always put my pictures/videos in the same place since way back
> and now there is those same places but also Libraries. So where do I
> store my pictures/music/videos and if still in the old place how do I
> make Libraries also see it without putting it in two places which I have
> now. Now each time I open a folder I'm seeing the same dated picture
> folder twice. I guess I have screwed up so what next?

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'm actually starting to use libraries to collect into one place several
different locations that all store similar stuff. Primarily because I'm so
networked here, I often have multiple locations with a slightly different
subset of the music, documents, pictures, etc. Libraries help with that,
though it's certainly not a requirement.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eGW$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Libraries folders are only symbolic links set up by Win 7. The best
> thing is to just forget about it an live with it. My experience is that
> although you see the same objects in the folders directly under Libraries,
> I am not able to save directly to those, but have to go down one layer;
> ie, I can't save to Libraries\Document but must go to
> Libraries\Documents\My Documents
>
> On 2009-12-25 12:56, Daves Spam wrote:
>> I have always put my pictures/videos in the same place since way back
>> and now there is those same places but also Libraries. So where do I
>> store my pictures/music/videos and if still in the old place how do I
>> make Libraries also see it without putting it in two places which I have
>> now. Now each time I open a folder I'm seeing the same dated picture
>> folder twice. I guess I have screwed up so what next?

Daves Spam

I started all over and deleted everything out of my pictures/music/videos
and then took and put them just in the folders under my name and after a
while they appeared in the library folders too but this way they were really
only in one place so all I had was say under john doe/pictures/ 2/27/07/
pic.jpg, pic2.jpg those 2 pictures only showed up once instead of it being
pictures/ 2/27/07' pictures/ 2/27/07 twice for each file. Thanks guys for
putting me on the right track.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...