Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ORM's are evil. Was: Mechanize/ClientForm - How to selectIgnoreControl button and submit form

ORM's are evil. Was: Mechanize/ClientForm - How to selectIgnoreControl button and submit form

Brian D

Just kidding. That was a fascinating discussion.

Now I'd like to see if anyone would rather procrastinate than finish
last-minute shopping.

This problem remains untouched. Anyone want to give it a try? Please?

I'm hoping to implement a project that will be historically
transformational by mapping inequalities in property assessments.

I'm stuck at step one: Scrape data from http://www.opboa.org.

The site uses a bunch of hidden controls.

I can't find a way to get past the initial disclaimer page because the
"Accept" button value reads as None: <IgnoreControl(btAgree=<None>)>
http://www.opboa.org/Search/Disclaimer2.aspx

I've successfully used Mechanize in two other projects, but I've never
seen this IgnoreControl problem before. I also haven't found any
ClientForm examples that handle this problem.

Would anyone like to help me get this off the ground?

Thanks!

Brian D

On Dec 24, 8:20*am, Brian D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Just kidding. That was a fascinating discussion.
>
> Now I'd like to see if anyone would rather procrastinate than finish
> last-minute shopping.
>
> This problem remains untouched. Anyone want to give it a try? Please?
>
> I'm hoping to implement a project that will be historically
> transformational by mapping inequalities in property assessments.
>
> I'm stuck at step one: Scrape data fromhttp://www.opboa.org.
>
> The site uses a bunch of hidden controls.
>
> I can't find a way to get past the initial disclaimer page because the
> "Accept" button value reads as None: <IgnoreControl(btAgree=<None>)>http://www.opboa.org/Search/Disclaimer2.aspx
>
> I've successfully used Mechanize in two other projects, but I've never
> seen this IgnoreControl problem before. I also haven't found any
> ClientForm examples that handle this problem.
>
> Would anyone like to help me get this off the ground?
>
> Thanks!

Problem solved.

I used the Fiddler Request Builder to discover that the server wanted
a GET request containing the ASP.NET __EVENTTARGET, __EVENTARGUMENT,
and __VIEWSTATE parameters.