Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Paradise PDQ connecting intermittently: Modem ?.

Re: Paradise PDQ connecting intermittently: Modem ?.

PeeCee

"Corky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Everyone
>
> My connection to the Paradise PDQ is crap. My modem consistently shows
> the PPP light off and at times the DSL light is also off. God knows
> how many times I have to disconnect the modem and restart it only for
> the connection not to start or drop off after only several minutes on
> the Internet.
> I rang the helpdesk this morning and he ran a test on my phone line
> saying it was good but could see my PDQ connection had dropped off
> three times between 7.30am and my phone call at 8.30am when there was
> no one at home.
> I have had my modem for just over two years and was told it could be
> the modem but they won't replace it as it was a special deal I signed
> up to two years ago and the onus is on me to prove the modem is at
> fault. Well seeing as my phone works fine and the only other thing
> between my phone line and PC is the friggin modem I would have
> thought it was obvious the modem was at fault.
>
> Any advice anyone as I am paying for a service using their equipment
> which isn't working.?.

Corky

If it's a Dynalink modem, 99% chance the modem is crook.
If it is a Dynalink, beg, borrow another Modem and test.
If it is the Modem hit them with the CGA 'fit for purpose' etc.

Best
Paul.

Re: Paradise PDQ connecting intermittently: Modem ?. Mary Hanna NZ Computing 0 12-21-2009 07:36 AM
TelstraClear PDQ sucks! Cima NZ Computing 5 05-01-2007 10:29 PM
Ruby PDQ? Daniel Berger Ruby 5 12-14-2006 06:18 AM
TelstraClear's PDQ Max - a salutary tale Max Q NZ Computing 11 08-28-2006 08:51 PM
Modem Over IP: Problems in connecting two modems using a Modem Passthru type of connection Manish Bhasin VOIP 1 06-10-2004 06:33 PM

Advertisments