Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Button click event not fired on ASP.NET postback

Button click event not fired on ASP.NET postback

Anumitha Anumitha is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I have textboxes inside an updatepanel and a button outside the updatepanel.
when the user changes the textbox text and then clicks the button(NOTE: donot click anywhere on the screen)
the buttons click event doesn't fire only the textchanged event gets fired.
My assumption is that both events would fire and the textchanged
event would be first.

Is there a work around to this bug?

In normal cases when I type a text in textbox and tab,the button click event along with textchanged is fired.I want the same behaviour when i change the text and clickover button too.

Sra Sra is offline
Junior Member

Does anyone have a solution for this. I have a similar problem