Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > need HTML Chat Box

need HTML Chat Box

don

I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would allow
me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that
anyone viewing my website could start chatting with me.

I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple and I"m only interested in
having a one on one conversation with one person at a time.

Thanks for any suggestions or books which explain this.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

don wrote:

> I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would
> allow me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that anyone
> viewing my website could start chatting with me.
> I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple

What did Google turn up? Here's the first link for: java chat box
http://java.chatster.org/javamaker.html

> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
> person at a time.

Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

--
-bts

richard

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:51:19 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> don wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would
>> allow me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that anyone
>> viewing my website could start chatting with me.
>> I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple

> What did Google turn up? Here's the first link for: java chat box
> http://java.chatster.org/javamaker.html
>
>> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
>> person at a time.

> Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

where you been beau? lost on a desert island for 20 years?
All kinds of one on one chat scripts available. I have used them on
numerous websites as a customer and depending on the host, damn quick.
Beats doing email.

Greg Russell

In news:1nff2hmp44ool$(E-Mail Removed),
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

>>> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
>>> person at a time.

>> Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

> where you been beau? lost on a desert island for 20 years?
> All kinds of one on one chat scripts available. I have used them on
> numerous websites as a customer and depending on the host, damn quick.

Only when there's someone on the other end ... the OP hasn't indicated that
anyone will be at any given time.

rf

news:1nff2hmp44ool$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:51:19 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> don wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would
>>> allow me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that anyone
>>> viewing my website could start chatting with me.
>>> I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple

>> What did Google turn up? Here's the first link for: java chat box
>> http://java.chatster.org/javamaker.html
>>
>>> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
>>> person at a time.

>> Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

> where you been beau? lost on a desert island for 20 years?
> All kinds of one on one chat scripts available.

HTML chat boxes? I don't think so. PHP or Perl or Java perhaps, but not
HTML.

OP: Skype will do this.

Andy

"don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgu2qj$q0h$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would allow
>me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that
> anyone viewing my website could start chatting with me.
>
> I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple and I"m only interested
> in having a one on one conversation with one person at a time.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions or books which explain this.

Hi Don,

I use a free system called phponline...

http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm

....which uses php, mysql and flash.

Andy

don

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:18FYm.160674$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> I use a free system called phponline...
>
> http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm
>

> ...which uses php, mysql and flash.

Thanks this looks great, many people were just telling me about free chat
servers which I could link to my website BUT thats not
what I wanted.