Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: [gtk-win32] cannot import glib in python shell

Re: [gtk-win32] cannot import glib in python shell

Tor Lillqvist

> , but when I do
> import glib
> ERROR!!!

My Python knowledge is next to nil. You might get more help on some
Python-specific list. Or even a pygtk-specific list.

> if I cd to a certain dir in glib sources, there were two .py files,

Wrong approach. And anyway, I find four .py files in current GLib
sources. They are completely unrelated to the GLib Python binding
which is what you want. The GLib Python binding is not in the GLib
sources.

> but I didn't know where to place them in the python26 dir.

Good, because you shouldn't. Look in the Makefile.am to get an idea
what these files are used for. Or just read them. As I said, they are
not what you apparently think they are.

--tml