Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Stolen any proprietary code lately...?

Stolen any proprietary code lately...?

Sailor Sam

Sailor Sam

Sailor Sam wrote:
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10617166

lol, that should be 'copied' damned copying is theft argument is getting
to me

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hgs0di$d10$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10617166

Nothing in there about stealing any “code”, proprietary or otherwise.

Sailor Sam

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <hgs0di$d10$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
>
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10617166
>
> Nothing in there about stealing any “code”, proprietary or otherwise.

Gosh, only 30 minutes after I posted a correction...

Sailor Sam

Sailor Sam wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> In message <hgs0di$d10$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
>>
>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10617166
>>

>> Nothing in there about stealing any “code”, proprietary or otherwise.

> Gosh, only 30 minutes after I posted a correction...

Which didnt cover that this was patent infringing case :\

Well, I could just ignore any corrections

Not like anybody here would do that though, would they...

thingy

On Dec 23, 4:44*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <hgs0di$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>, Sailor Sam wrote:
>

> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...d=3&objectid=1....
>
> Nothing in there about stealing any code, proprietary or otherwise.

Funny but a court pinged MS for utilising a patent they didnt own.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10617166

Now I might not agree with patents in this form, but its lawful in the
USA so laws should be obeyed.

regards

Thing

Simon

On Dec 24, 8:49*am, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Funny but a court pinged MS for utilising a patent they didnt own.
>
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...d=3&objectid=1....
>
> Now I might not agree with patents in this form, but its lawful in the
> USA so laws should be obeyed.
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Another 'patent troll' company by the looks of things. But you're
right that it seems perfectly legal.