Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win7 Start Sound

Win7 Start Sound

Dave \Crash\ Dummy

Daves Spam wrote:
> I don't have a logon so mine goes right into windows with the little
> windows chime that comes standard. There is a place in the sound
> settings for windows logon which is where after already being in
> windows you log off and log back in you can have it play your wav
> file at that point. I have been doing some goggling and in Win7 you
> have to do a bunch of major/miner work to hack the system to change
> the windows MAIN start wav file. At this point I think I will wait
> it out as somewhere along the line either Microsoft will fix it or
> someone will write a program to make it easier to fix ourselves.

I doubt that Microsoft is going to "fix" it, since it isn't broken. For
reasons known only to the marketing department, they do not want
customers personalizing Windows 7.

--
Crash

Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is refusing treatment.