Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Tomtom maps

Tomtom maps

Kiwiboy

Hi there
I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
being Australian.
Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
would work with Tomtom?
Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.

Cheers

Troy

Rhino

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:23:20 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi there
>I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
>has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
>Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
>website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
>being Australian.
>Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
>would work with Tomtom?
>Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.
>
>Cheers
>
>Troy

Hi Troy,

Go to www.tomtom.com and from the home page select New Zealand in the
countries listed. When the page updates, select Tom Tom Home from the
quick links on the left.

The next page offers a download of Tom Tom Home (TTH) for Navigator 6.
D/L and install. Create an account (it's free) at the Tom Tom website
and then put the account details into TTH, connect and you will find
one of the options is to update your device. From there you can
purchase maps for any country.

Cheers, Rhino

Kiwiboy

On Dec 22, 5:44*pm, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:23:20 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi there
> >I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
> >has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
> >Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
> >website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
> >being Australian.
> >Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
> >would work with Tomtom?
> >Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.

> >Cheers

> >Troy

> Hi Troy,
>
> Go towww.tomtom.comand from the home page select New Zealand in the
> countries listed. *When the page updates, select Tom Tom Home from the
> quick links on the left.
>
> The next page offers a download of Tom Tom Home (TTH) for Navigator 6.
> D/L and install. *Create an account (it's free) at the Tom Tom website
> and then put the account details into TTH, connect and you will find
> one of the options is to update your device. *From there you can
> purchase maps for any country.
>
> Cheers, Rhino

Excellent!
Thankyou so much for your help Rhino, it is greatly appreciated.
Perfect!

Cheers

Troy

Kiwiboy

On Dec 22, 5:44*pm, Rhino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:23:20 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi there
> >I have recently been given a iPAQ HW 6915 that has built in GPS, and
> >has Tomtom NAVIGATOR 6 installed. I was given it from a friend in
> >Germany, so it has all the Europe maps. I have been to the Tomom
> >website, but I can not find how to purchase NZ maps - the closest
> >being Australian.
> >Are there any NZ maps for Tomtom? Or are there other branded maps that
> >would work with Tomtom?
> >Any help appreciated, I am very new to this GPS business.

> >Cheers

> >Troy

> Hi Troy,
>
> Go towww.tomtom.comand from the home page select New Zealand in the
> countries listed. *When the page updates, select Tom Tom Home from the
> quick links on the left.
>
> The next page offers a download of Tom Tom Home (TTH) for Navigator 6.
> D/L and install. *Create an account (it's free) at the Tom Tom website
> and then put the account details into TTH, connect and you will find
> one of the options is to update your device. *From there you can
> purchase maps for any country.
>
> Cheers, Rhino

OK I have gone back to the site, done everything, but can still not
find a map for New Zealand. In the area of the world we live in, there
is only Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Very frustrating.
Are there any other programs that will work with my device and have
maps for New Zealand?
Thanks in advance
Troy

Rhino

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:48:21 -0800 (PST), Kiwiboy <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>OK I have gone back to the site, done everything, but can still not
>find a map for New Zealand. In the area of the world we live in, there
>is only Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
>Very frustrating.
>Are there any other programs that will work with my device and have
>maps for New Zealand?
>Thanks in advance
>Troy

This seems very strange. Using TTH for my One, when the device is
connected to the PC I get the option to "add maps" in TTH.

I assume that you have installed TTH for Navigator 6 on the machine
with navigator 6 installed, rather than another machine on your
network? Not being familiar with Navigator 6, I will suggest that you
may need to have it running when you open TTH.

Click on add maps in TTH and possibly select "all" in the View drop
down (I am assuming that TTH fro Navigator 6 has a similar interface
to TTH for other Tomtom devices.)

This should show all available maps worldwide.

Otherwise maybe try the online support option from the TTH Help menu.

Cheers, Rhino

MSN maps vs. Google maps Ralph Fox NZ Computing 0 07-30-2007 10:30 AM
STL: Map of maps possible, but no multi-map of maps? Workarounds? Marcus C++ 2 12-09-2005 06:34 AM
tomtom richard Computer Support 3 08-07-2005 08:42 PM
tomtom ka 'plah Computer Information 1 03-16-2005 09:45 PM
std::maps within std::maps -- optimisation Simon Elliott C++ 4 03-10-2005 10:11 AM

Advertisments