Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Reversing tasks

Reversing tasks

JimL

XP Pro SP3

While I was setting up my wireless connections something popped up and said
I had to turn on folder tasks (probably not the exact wording) in order to
do something. Now I have these big blue boxes showing on the left side of
all my classic folders and want to get rid of them.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help me turn these
things off?

--
For most of us the most danger is most politicians.

JimL

Lem

JimL wrote:
> XP Pro SP3
>
> While I was setting up my wireless connections something popped up and said
> I had to turn on folder tasks (probably not the exact wording) in order to
> do something. Now I have these big blue boxes showing on the left side of
> all my classic folders and want to get rid of them.
>
> Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help me turn these
> things off?

If you're talking about Windows Explorer, just click the "Folders" box
in the Explorer toolbar. If you don't see any icons, click View >
Toolbars > Standard buttons to turn them on or View > Explorer bar > and
make sure that none of the items is checked.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
Or depending on what you have there.
Pull down the View, if there is a Layout entry, click on it and configure
the Layout till your heart contend.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> JimL wrote:
>> XP Pro SP3
>>
>> While I was setting up my wireless connections something popped up and
>> said I had to turn on folder tasks (probably not the exact wording) in
>> order to do something. Now I have these big blue boxes showing on the
>> left side of all my classic folders and want to get rid of them.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help me turn these
>> things off?
>>

> If you're talking about Windows Explorer, just click the "Folders" box in
> the Explorer toolbar. If you don't see any icons, click View > Toolbars >
> Standard buttons to turn them on or View > Explorer bar > and make sure
> that none of the items is checked.
>
> --
> Lem
>
> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html

JimL

"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> JimL wrote:
>> XP Pro SP3
>>
>> While I was setting up my wireless connections something popped up and
>> said I had to turn on folder tasks (probably not the exact wording) in
>> order to do something. Now I have these big blue boxes showing on the
>> left side of all my classic folders and want to get rid of them.
>>
>> Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help me turn these
>> things off?
>>

> If you're talking about Windows Explorer, just click the "Folders" box in
> the Explorer toolbar. If you don't see any icons, click View > Toolbars >
> Standard buttons to turn them on or View > Explorer bar > and make sure
> that none of the items is checked.

Apparently I didn't do a good enough job of describing these things. Two
things stand out: The color BLUE in large quantities, like in the
non-classic formats in XP and the word TASKS.

I said the blue box was on the left. Perhaps I would better say blue block.
And the clickable Tasks in this block are in a white on blue font. What I
didn't say is that it fills the exact same space where you normally get the
folder tree if you click the Folders button. In fact if I click the Folders
button the tree comes out and exactly covers the big blue box with Tasks at
the top.

Thanks

--

JimL wrote:
> "Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> JimL wrote:
>>> XP Pro SP3
>>>
>>> While I was setting up my wireless connections something popped up and
>>> said I had to turn on folder tasks (probably not the exact wording) in
>>> order to do something. Now I have these big blue boxes showing on the
>>> left side of all my classic folders and want to get rid of them.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help me turn these
>>> things off?
>>>

>> If you're talking about Windows Explorer, just click the "Folders" box in
>> the Explorer toolbar. If you don't see any icons, click View > Toolbars >
>> Standard buttons to turn them on or View > Explorer bar > and make sure
>> that none of the items is checked.

> Apparently I didn't do a good enough job of describing these things. Two
> things stand out: The color BLUE in large quantities, like in the
> non-classic formats in XP and the word TASKS.
>
> I said the blue box was on the left. Perhaps I would better say blue block.
> And the clickable Tasks in this block are in a white on blue font. What I
> didn't say is that it fills the exact same space where you normally get the
> folder tree if you click the Folders button. In fact if I click the Folders
> button the tree comes out and exactly covers the big blue box with Tasks at
> the top.
>
> Thanks

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. What's your question?

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html

Pavel A.

It could be disabled in Tools->Folder options -> select "Windows classic
folders"
in the upper pair of radio buttons.
--pa

"Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JimL wrote:
>> "Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> If you're talking about Windows Explorer, just click the "Folders" box
>>> in the Explorer toolbar. If you don't see any icons, click View >
>>> Toolbars > Standard buttons to turn them on or View > Explorer bar > and
>>> make sure that none of the items is checked.

>> Apparently I didn't do a good enough job of describing these things. Two
>> things stand out: The color BLUE in large quantities, like in the
>> non-classic formats in XP and the word TASKS.
>>
>> I said the blue box was on the left. Perhaps I would better say blue
>> block. And the clickable Tasks in this block are in a white on blue font.
>> What I didn't say is that it fills the exact same space where you
>> normally get the folder tree if you click the Folders button. In fact if
>> I click the Folders button the tree comes out and exactly covers the big
>> blue box with Tasks at the top.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> That's exactly how it's supposed to work. What's your question?
>
> --
> Lem
>
> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html

JimL

Aha, thanks. I missed that. I've had that set to classic forever, but when
I "obeyed" that notice during the networking setup the other day that's what
got changed. Having that does give you some faster, easier options during
setup, but I despise having it every day. Thanks again.

"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> It could be disabled in Tools->Folder options -> select "Windows classic
> folders"
> in the upper pair of radio buttons.
> --pa
>

> "Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> JimL wrote:
>>> "Lem" <lemp40@unknownhost> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Apparently I didn't do a good enough job of describing these things.
>>> Two things stand out: The color BLUE in large quantities, like in the
>>> non-classic formats in XP and the word TASKS.
>>>
>>> I said the blue box was on the left. Perhaps I would better say blue
>>> block. And the clickable Tasks in this block are in a white on blue
>>> font. What I didn't say is that it fills the exact same space where you
>>> normally get the folder tree if you click the Folders button. In fact
>>> if I click the Folders button the tree comes out and exactly covers the
>>> big blue box with Tasks at the top.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> That's exactly how it's supposed to work. What's your question?
>>
>> --
>> Lem
>>
>> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html

--
For most of us the most danger is most politicians.

JimL

Reversing a marquee tag The Devil's AdvocateŠ HTML 22 10-23-2004 04:08 PM
Reversing the order of some loops. Dr. David Kirkby C Programming 4 10-26-2003 03:25 AM
Help: 2D Array Reversing Kevin C++ 4 10-06-2003 05:15 PM
reversing rings - Nikon AF / D-100 Andrew Digital Photography 4 07-23-2003 09:17 PM
Reversing a 50/1.8 on my Coolpix 5000. Eyron Digital Photography 0 06-29-2003 06:09 AM

Advertisments