Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Wireless Router and Printer problems

Wireless Router and Printer problems

moose6421 moose6421 is offline
Junior Member

I have a DLink wireless Router with a Dell XPS Laptop. Everything worked great until I added a HP6500 wireless printer into the equation. I am now constantly getting kicked off the web and it gets very annoying. I thought maybe the router and printer were to close to each other so I moved them to about 7 feet apart but it hasnt made any difference.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Dipankar Dipankar is offline
Junior Member

If the Wireless Printer comes with a cable, then please use it with your laptop and do the work. Keep the printer free from Router conflicts, after all why should you need to have communication between the printer and the Router, i could not figure out. If the printer needs to be installed some where else and away from the Laptop then the issue of wireless printing becomes important. If the printer has a blue tooth connectivity then use a blue tooth adapter with your laptop and connect it or else check with the vendor and ask them to configure it properly so that it works with the Router. Try to trouble shoot and solve it else go for the easy method of printing as i have said in the beginning.