Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Atom N450 Pinetrail Platform Launch

Atom N450 Pinetrail Platform Launch

Administrator

12-21-2009
Hot Hardware have an article on the Atom N450 Pinetrail Platform Launch, by taking a look at the Asus Eee PC1005PE which uses this low-voltage CPU:

Quote:
If you consider Intel's design execution over the past 12 months or so, you'd have to admit it's nothing short of impressive. Not only did we see the launch of a new desktop chip with the Core i7, but Intel then ramped up clock speeds, introduced lower cost mainstream variants of the platform, and then drove that technology down into the mobile market with the introduction of Clarksfield, otherwise known as Core i7 mobile. Of course all of that execution was centered around more powerful computing platforms with larger form factors and the thermal and power budgets that go with them. These products, though huge contributors to Intel's bottom line, didn't cater to the ultra-mobile set of device Intel affectionately calls "Netbooks" and "MIDs" (Mobile Internet Devices) - the now cash-cow that Intel CEO, Paul Otellini holds near and dear to his heart, along with the company's investors.
Read the review here.