Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Linksys PAP2 dial delay with Asterisk 1.6

Linksys PAP2 dial delay with Asterisk 1.6

Rob Johnson

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a Linksys
PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I can't beat
with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external numbers.

No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and cut
the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.

Anyone have a pointer?

Graham.

"Rob Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4b2ce488$0$2530$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a Linksys
> PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I can't beat
> with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external numbers.
>
> No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
> altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and cut
> the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.
>
> Anyone have a pointer?

Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the entries end with a dot.
Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to indicate the number is complete?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Rob Johnson

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:

> "Rob Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4b2ce488$0$2530$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a
>> Linksys PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I
>> can't beat with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external
>> numbers.
>>
>> No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
>> altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and
>> cut the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.
>>
>> Anyone have a pointer?

> Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
> entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to
> indicate the number is complete?

Hi Graham,

I would like to hug you. It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the
issue, it's the PAP2. Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0|
1000S0|x.) {under admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of
the archive}

Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .) The
speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4 seconds.
That is ace news

If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card

Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking

Graham.

"Rob Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4b2cf4e0$0$2530$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:
>
>> "Rob Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4b2ce488$0$2530$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a
>>> Linksys PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I
>>> can't beat with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external
>>> numbers.
>>>
>>> No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
>>> altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and
>>> cut the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.
>>>
>>> Anyone have a pointer?

>> Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
>> entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to
>> indicate the number is complete?

> Hi Graham,
>
> I would like to hug you.
> Steady Rob!

> It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the
> issue, it's the PAP2. Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0|
> 1000S0|x.) {under admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of
> the archive}
>
> Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
> 17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .) The
> speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4 seconds.
> That is ace news
>
> If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
> that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card
>
> Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking

Not sure how, but I'm, glad I was able to help.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Rob Johnson

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:07:26 +0000, Graham. wrote:

> "Rob Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4b2cf4e0$0$2530$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:
>>
>>> "Rob Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:4b2ce488$0$2530$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
>>> entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number
>>> to indicate the number is complete?

>> Hi Graham,
>>
>> I would like to hug you.
>> Steady Rob!

>> It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the issue, it's the PAP2.
>> Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0| 1000S0|x.) {under
>> admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of the archive}
>>
>> Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
>> 17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .)
>> The speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4
>> seconds. That is ace news
>>
>> If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
>> that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking

> Not sure how, but I'm, glad I was able to help.

Key was 'you have the right number of digits and not a wildcard'. Applied
this to the dialplan on the PAP2 itself {not extensions.conf}, job
jobed

ggaragorry ggaragorry is offline
Junior Member

Thanks a lot...I was looking for that issue for long time.

Unlocking linksys PAP2 Shaker VOIP 7 05-23-2010 01:37 PM
PAP2 - Dial Plan ras UK VOIP 1 04-12-2006 04:55 PM
Dial Plan - PAP2? ras UK VOIP 7 10-03-2005 03:32 PM
Linksys PAP2 locked to Vonage, support people funny Kyler Laird VOIP 55 03-25-2005 08:05 AM
Linksys PAP2 hack? Ghazan Haider VOIP 5 03-18-2005 08:02 AM

Advertisments