Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Modem driver too old.

Reply
Thread Tools

Modem driver too old.

 
 
Joe J.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been on
the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want to see
if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer, I now get
the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to
get the latest modem driver"

I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the modem
is working and communicating.

I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have the
latest.



I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to get
me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.



It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.

I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in the
future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides I'm
getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.

My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads and
I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.



Any thoughts?



Joe


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jeff Strickland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
How come you don't go the Website of the modem manufacturer and get the
latest driver. Or, just go buy a new modem and get a current driver with it.


"Joe J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgeh3r$mdh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been
> on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want
> to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer,
> I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old.
> Please try to get the latest modem driver"
>
> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the
> modem is working and communicating.
>
> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have
> the latest.
>
>
>
> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to get
> me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>
>
>
> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>
> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in the
> future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides I'm
> getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>
> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads
> and I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>
>
>
> Any thoughts?
>
>
>
> Joe
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joe J.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
>>
>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>



"Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgejnj$fca$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> How come you don't go the Website of the modem manufacturer and get the
> latest driver. Or, just go buy a new modem and get a current driver with
> it.
>
>
> "Joe J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hgeh3r$mdh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been
>> on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want
>> to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer,
>> I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old.
>> Please try to get the latest modem driver"
>>
>> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
>> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the
>> modem is working and communicating.
>>
>> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have
>> the latest.
>>
>>
>>
>> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to
>> get me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>>
>>
>>
>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>
>> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in
>> the future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides
>> I'm getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>>
>> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads
>> and I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>>
>>
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>>
>>
>> Joe
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
Joe J. wrote:
> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been on
> the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want to see
> if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer, I now get
> the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to
> get the latest modem driver"
>
> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the modem
> is working and communicating.
>
> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have the
> latest.
>
>
>
> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to get
> me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>
>
>
> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>
> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in the
> future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides I'm
> getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>
> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads and
> I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>
>
>
> Any thoughts?
>
>
>
> Joe
>
>


Hi Joe

Still P I assume ?

I have never ever seen windows display this kind of Error Message:

"Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to get the
latest modem driver"

is it windows giving you this message or is it an application that was
installed with the modem ?

Since the message only appears when you reboot it sounds like 3rd party
software (a dell application perhaps) that is checking the dates on the
drivers, you could check your task manager for such programs if they are
not displayed in your system tray (beside the clock)

there is another useful program for checking what starts up with your PC
its called HijackThis if your unsure of the readout post it here and we
can take a look at it.

Hijack this:
http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/...sInstaller.exe

JD
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff Strickland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
If you don't use the modem, then take it out. You have broadband or some
other form of high speed connection, the modem is useless. And, the driver
is old and not supported anymore.




"Joe J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgejvu$hdu$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>>
>>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>>

>
>
> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hgejnj$fca$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> How come you don't go the Website of the modem manufacturer and get the
>> latest driver. Or, just go buy a new modem and get a current driver with
>> it.
>>
>>
>> "Joe J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hgeh3r$mdh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has
>>> been on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and
>>> want to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the
>>> computer, I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is
>>> too old. Please try to get the latest modem driver"
>>>
>>> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
>>> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the
>>> modem is working and communicating.
>>>
>>> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have
>>> the latest.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to
>>> get me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>>
>>> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in
>>> the future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides
>>> I'm getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>>>
>>> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads
>>> and I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe J.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009

"JD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4b2ad432$0$2489$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joe J. wrote:
>> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been
>> on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want
>> to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer,
>> I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old.
>> Please try to get the latest modem driver"
>>
>> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
>> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the
>> modem is working and communicating.
>>
>> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have
>> the latest.
>>
>>
>>
>> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to
>> get me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>>
>>
>>
>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>
>> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in
>> the future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides
>> I'm getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>>
>> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads
>> and I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>>
>>
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>>
>>
>> Joe
>>
>>

>
> Hi Joe
>
> Still P I assume ?
>
> I have never ever seen windows display this kind of Error Message:
>
> "Sorry the current modem driver is too old. Please try to get the latest
> modem driver"
>
> is it windows giving you this message or is it an application that was
> installed with the modem ?
>
> Since the message only appears when you reboot it sounds like 3rd party
> software (a dell application perhaps) that is checking the dates on the
> drivers, you could check your task manager for such programs if they are
> not displayed in your system tray (beside the clock)
>
> there is another useful program for checking what starts up with your PC
> its called HijackThis if your unsure of the readout post it here and we
> can take a look at it.
>
> Hijack this:
> http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/...sInstaller.exe
>
> JD


OK, haven't used the modem in years. Dell has an accessory called driver
reset tool and I tried that also...forgot to mention it.
I ran hijack and here is the log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:23:06 PM, on 12/17/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgchsvx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgrsx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\G001-1.0.25.0\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmctxth.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\D4\D4.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Linksys Updater\bin\LinksysUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TimounterMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Iomega Quik Sync 2\quiksyncII.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgnsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://us.mc813.mail.yahoo.com/mc/sh....jsrand=487771
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft
Internet Explorer
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet
Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar -
{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter -
{3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program
Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} -
C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper -
{DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program
Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} -
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program
Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\G001-1.0.25.0\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\AAWTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmctxth] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks
Shared\Platform\nmctxth.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nmapp] "C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network
Magic\nmapp.exe" -autorun -nosplash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dimension4] C:\Program Files\D4\D4.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100
Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EssSpkPhone] essspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] C:\Program
Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program
Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TimounterMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program
Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Window Washer] :C:\Program
Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] :"C:\Documents and Settings\joej\Local
Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe"
/startup
O4 - Startup: ~Disabled
O4 - Global Startup: Iomega Quik Sync 2.lnk = C:\Program Files\Iomega Quik
Sync 2\quiksyncII.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Norton GoBack.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton
SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ~Disabled
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel
present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program
Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel -
res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} -
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} -
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} -
C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 -
{e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network
Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage
Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) -
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {3451DEDE-631F-421C-8127-FD793AFC6CC8} (ActiveDataInfo Class) -
https://www-secure.symantec.com/tech...l/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990200-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec SmartIssue) -
https://www-secure.symantec.com/tech...rl/tgctlsi.cab
O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner
Class) -
https://www-secure.symantec.com/tech...bs/tgctlsr.cab
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} -
http://www.eset.eu/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...?1120227386906
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -
http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...?1120312455390
O16 - DPF: {6E5A37BF-FD42-463A-877C-4EB7002E68AE} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan
Agent 6.5) -
http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/ho...vex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {BDBDE413-7B1C-4C68-A8FF-C5B2B4090876} (F-Secure Online Scanner
3.3) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab
O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} -
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} -
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. -
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel
32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun
Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program
Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. -
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Linksys Updater (LinksysUpdater) - Unknown owner - C:\Program
Files\Linksys\Linksys Updater\bin\LinksysUpdater.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation -
C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Platform Service (nmservice) - Cisco Systems,
Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks
Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton
Ghost\Agent\VProSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton UnErase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security
Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation -
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner -
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Window Washer Engine (wwEngineSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. -
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\WasherSvc.exe

--
End of file - 12312 bytes


 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe J.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009

"Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgekeb$lj1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> If you don't use the modem, then take it out. You have broadband or some
> other form of high speed connection, the modem is useless. And, the driver
> is old and not supported anymore.
>

Same guy that told me to disable my floppy because I won't need it. Came in
very handy today to boot into Dos and do the Bios upgrade.

Joe


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeff Strickland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009

"Joe J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgelss$vu$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>
> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hgekeb$lj1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> If you don't use the modem, then take it out. You have broadband or some
>> other form of high speed connection, the modem is useless. And, the
>> driver is old and not supported anymore.
>>

> Same guy that told me to disable my floppy because I won't need it. Came
> in very handy today to boot into Dos and do the Bios upgrade.
>
> Joe
>


Most machines sold today don't have a floppy drive, so odds favor you not
needing it if you have one. You can boot to a bootable CD and get a DOS
prompt. Odds favor your OS not being available on floppy, and not fitting
the boot data onto a floppy if you wanted to create a bootable backup of
your OS.

The OP said that he does not use the modem AND the modem is causing him
problems. Why keep legacy hardware that does not work anymore, especially
when you can buy a new modem for virtual pennies and get a driver that
works, or at least have support so you can _get_ drivers?






 
Reply With Quote
 
JD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
Joe J. wrote:

>
> OK, haven't used the modem in years. Dell has an accessory called driver
> reset tool and I tried that also...forgot to mention it.
> I ran hijack and here is the log:
> Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
> Scan saved at 5:23:06 PM, on 12/17/2009
> Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
> MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
> Boot mode: Normal
>


Quite a lot of stuff going on at startup, not to much out of the
ordinary tho.

It might be one of these causing it:

> C:\Program Files\D4\D4.exe

this is for "The Ultimate Troubleshooter" software, which is supposed to
tune-up your pc


> C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe


> O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe"
> /startup


These two are for the DEll support software, if you got the modem with
the pc then this might be causing the message, you can check these as
you can run your dell software from the programs menu.

to remove them with hijack this just check them and click fix, it only
removes the startup entries it does not remove the software so you can
still use the programs by selecting them manually.

JD
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2009
James D. Andrews wrote:
> "Joe J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hgeh3r$mdh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> With all my hard drive, usb drives troubles; this annoying thing has been
>> on the back burner. Everything seems fixed, knock on PC screen and want
>> to see if anyone has an idea for fix. Every time I restart the computer,
>> I now get the error message "Sorry the current modem driver is too old.
>> Please try to get the latest modem driver"
>>
>> I have gone to device manager and it shows the modem working. I tried a
>> disable and then re-enable. I've tried the diagnosis and it says the
>> modem is working and communicating.
>>
>> I tried to reinstall a driver from my XP install disk and it says I have
>> the latest.
>>
>> I tried Google but everything for driver updates seems to be a scam to get
>> me to pay for a "free" computer/registry scan.
>>

>
>> It is a Broadxent D13631 which is now part of Creative Labs, but when I
>> search them nothing comes up, current or in their archives files.
>>
>> I don't use the modem at the moment but am anticipating a situation in the
>> future where I might need it for a short period of time and besides I'm
>> getting tired of acknowledging the error each time.
>>
>> My last automatic windows update on 12/9 had about 8 different downloads
>> and I'm not sure if this started after that update or not.
>>
>>
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>>
>>
>> Joe
>>

>
>
> If you can navigate the website of the modem manufacturer, you SHOULD be
> able to find the drivers you need available for download, though for older
> equipment, some manufacturers simply stop supporting and don't even include
> the model in their download section.
>
> You can also try www.driverguide.com
> This site carries a gazillion different drivers. You can sign up for a paid
> membership, or you can use the site free, but with limited access to
> drivers. However, most older equipment is available for free.
>
> Just checked and they do carry a couple drivers for that particular piece.
> Whether they are the most current or best for your system I can't say, but
> they are there.
>
>


The Broadxent site seems to be busted. It throws errors, once you get
a certain depth into the site. Either using the Support stuff, or even
looking at products. Maybe all the staff were fired or something

http://www.broadxent.com/support/dow...x?subcatid=588

The Creative site has a driver page, but from 2003. It is the bottom
link on the page. You have to check all of them, to figure that out.

http://support.creative.com/Products...I+Modem+Di3631

End result is this. 3,234,642 bytes

http://ccftp.creative.com/manualdn/D...3631WXPDrv.exe

Which, I guess is better than nothing.

Paul
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xffc Thread 0x228 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-30-2006 03:16 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 1 03-24-2006 04:20 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-24-2006 02:22 PM
PCI modem driver Smart Link 56K Voice Modem Win XP x64 Windows 64bit 2 07-27-2005 08:02 PM
Modem in Device Manager but DUN tries to detect new modem Claudine L. Computer Support 3 02-12-2004 06:47 PM



Advertisments