Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > deactivation of ahci - sata -hotplug-capability on single ports

deactivation of ahci - sata -hotplug-capability on single ports

Juergen Kluth

Hi
switched on my W7 x64 box to ahci (sata),
so that the hotplug capabilities came up
(throw out hardware, like usb drives, but )
for my stationary harddrives

is there a way to disable that for these to avoid
the notifikation and accidentally throwing out of the drives ?

jk

Carlos

Juergen,
Same issue down here with AMD770/SB700 based motherboard.
A bad design of the driver causes this.
On a former mobo, this issue showed up with a jmicron based SATA controller.
After a few revisions they corrected the issue, something that could be read
in the changelog.
I have got used to it and we live happily together.
Carlos

"Juergen Kluth" wrote:

> Hi
> switched on my W7 x64 box to ahci (sata),
> so that the hotplug capabilities came up
> (throw out hardware, like usb drives, but )
> for my stationary harddrives
>
> is there a way to disable that for these to avoid
> the notifikation and accidentally throwing out of the drives ?
>
> jk
>

> .

Juergen Kluth

Hi Carlos,

my happiness -first a bit restricted on the described prob (!)-
was instantaneously cut down, when i copied the first file to a already
udf formatted dvd-ram disc -sata drive too-.

my "amusement" was, that i read two articles that day concerning rw
media with udf formats.

jk