Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > US Customs, Memphis TN

US Customs, Memphis TN

Aardvark

I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the airport
at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.

As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on hold
complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty expensive,
can anyone provide me with some way to email them?

There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
interested, but for the moment this question'll do.

--
Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the airport
> at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
>
> As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on hold
> complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty expensive,
> can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
>
> There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
> interested, but for the moment this question'll do.

Try Homeland Security.
http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Aardvark

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:43:46 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:

> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
> Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:
>> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
>> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
>>
>> As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on
>> hold complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty
>> expensive, can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
>>
>> There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
>> interested, but for the moment this question'll do.
>>

> Try Homeland Security.
> http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me why
you suggested DHS?

--

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:42:42 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

> On 17/12/2009 16:31, Aardvark wrote:
>> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
>> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
>>
>> As international phone calls, complete with being forced to stay on
>> hold complete with crappy musak, would probably end up being pretty
>> expensive, can anyone provide me with some way to email them?
>>
>> There's a story behind this request which I can tell if anyone's
>> interested, but for the moment this question'll do.
>>

> Hi
>
> Go here and fill in the form - ask for the US Customs address! Thimples!
>
> http://www.mscaa.com/?q=about/contact

Hmmmm. Might be worth a try.

> An aside:
>
> Go here and register for cheap phone calls:
> http://www.call18866.com/index2.php
>
> It was once promoted on Radio 2 - I used it all the time my son was in
> the USA (in fact, still *do* use it for most calls!)
>
> Calls to USA cost 2p/min last time I looked!

Not really worth registering for a one-off international call, although
the rate looks damn' good. As for UK mainland landline calls, we pay £8/
month on our bill so that we get them all for free 24/7/365 as long as the
call lasts less than an hour: call a friend, hang up at 59 minutes, call
friend again, hang up at 59 minutes, call friend again, etc. SWMBO spends
hours at a time on the dog and bone every evening, so it's a real boon to
her. Calls to mobiles we use one of the multiple mobile phones in the
house.

> HTH

Well, half of it *might*

--

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:43:46 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
>>> Two Cents To The Aardvark Post:

>>> Try Homeland Security.
>>> http://www.dhs.gov/index.shtm

>> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
>> why you suggested DHS?

> Customs & Border Protection is part of DHS.

The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
numbers.

Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

--
Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,
Because he knows some frightful fiend Doth close behind him tread.
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner', 1797

meerkat

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hgdmd0$ugf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the airport
> at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.

Perhaps this is where you need to head to A.
mailto:http://www.mscaa.com/contactus.htm

bw..meerkat

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:59:28 +0000, meerkat wrote:

> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hgdmd0$ugf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
>> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
>>

> Perhaps this is where you need to head to A.
> mailto:http://www.mscaa.com/contactus.htm
>
> bw..meerkat

Cheers, mate. That was posted before but it's looking more and more like
the only option the more I search.

--
Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,
Because he knows some frightful fiend Doth close behind him tread.
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner', 1797

meerkat

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hge2q3$j1o$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:59:28 +0000, meerkat wrote:
>

>> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hgdmd0$ugf$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> I've been searching for away to contact by email US Customs in the
>>> airport at Memphis TN, but so far can only find bloody phone numbers.
>>>

>> Perhaps this is where you need to head to A.
>> mailto:http://www.mscaa.com/contactus.htm
>>
>> bw..meerkat

> Cheers, mate. That was posted before but it's looking more and more like
> the only option the more I search.

Glad to try to help.

richard

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:38:20 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:
>
>> Aardvark wrote:

>>> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
>>> why you suggested DHS?

>> Customs & Border Protection is part of DHS.

> The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
> seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
> with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
> Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
> numbers.
>
> Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
> your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

And they would probably get a few zillion emails.
You might be better off looking up the "ICE" office for memphis.
"Immigrations, Customs Enforcement".

Jordon

Aardvark wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:52 -0800, Jordon wrote:
>
>> Aardvark wrote:

>>> I'm not really sure that they can help with my query. Can you tell me
>>> why you suggested DHS?

>> Customs& Border Protection is part of DHS.

> The DHS home page has a link to the CBP home page (which I'd already
> seen). There is, from there, a link to the CBP field office in New Orleans
> with postal address and phone numbers, and from there a link to the
> Memphis Service Port containing guess what- postal address and phone
> numbers.
>
> Nowhere is there any sign of an email addy to contact them direct. Don't
> your government departments use computers for correspondence or something?

Many government agencies don't publish email addresses.
I'm assuming it's because they'd be inundated with email
and wouldn't get any work done. One reason I've heard,
from a local government office, was because it's policy
that no sensitive information is transferred to anyone
outside of the office.

You don't have to sit on hold if you send a fax.

--
Jordon