Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yez, Burrginyaa, der am de Santer Clauzen...

Yez, Burrginyaa, der am de Santer Clauzen...

Bucky Breeder

And its name is "MICROSOFT",
fa la la - la - la - la -- LA!

And it's *absolutely* F - R - E - E,
say "*Whaaa!?!?!?!*"; whaa, whaa, whaa-utzupwitdat?

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

You need to be running a Windoze or later...

Hey, hot tip is you need to *completely* uninstall any/all
existing AntiVirus products (anti-phishing and anti-spyware
is probably OK, but even the obsolete "Windows Defender"
may cause a serious conflict) then reboot and put 'er in --
then you update it.

The nice thang 'bout it, besides being whayphree, is that
you can configure it to leave data directories alone, and
you can control a lot of how/when/where it scans, UNLIKE
most of the remaining freeware versions of anti-virus
technomorphology which wants to answer your phone and
toast your bagels while you're just drinking some coffee...

It just caught a downloaded gremlin in my temporary internet
files, just as the website I was visiting crashed... Whoaaaa...

Then it ran a short scan and asked me if I wanted it to clean
the poopyfile out.. to which I say, well du'h, why not - and
then when it was done, I went back to the website which is
still crashed out...

I then ran a "full" scan (which I have configured to ignore all
my data partitions and drives) on C:\ and it catches a
"eBay_shortcuts_1016.exe (nsis-1-eBayShortcuts.exe) in my freeware
*\Unlocker\ folder... it's v1.8.7 which still works after M$
Essentials cleaned that poopyfile out of there...

It was "TrojanClicker:Win32/Yabector.gen" and was totally removed
with a very through report - and the remaining, "host", program
still works!

Now, I go to homepage for Unlocker v1.8.8 and not only is there an
IE flag as the page being dangerous, but downloading the file from
FileHippo, the downloaded file is tagged as containing a malicious
element and cleaned as well...

Hooray! Microsoft did some good one this time!

HTH.

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

You should not view the world in terms
and finding acceptance of them as such.

peace and tranquility into your life.

I could help you with that... but,
I really just don't like you that much.

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The Bucky Breeder Post:
> And its name is "MICROSOFT",
> fa la la - la - la - la -- LA!
>
> And it's *absolutely* F - R - E - E,
> say "*Whaaa!?!?!?!*"; whaa, whaa, whaa-utzupwitdat?
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/
>
> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

And I hear or see nothing about XP ??
--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere