Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > For Anyone Using Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 ?

For Anyone Using Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 ?

Bob

Hello,

New PC came with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0

Guess they changed a few things from older version.
There used to be a "Save Copy As" which made it all simple.

If I have an open pdf file that I am reading with this new version, how
can I (now) save a copy of it so I can have it for later ?

There doesn't seem to be any command anywhere to do this, but I am sure
I am just missing it ?

And, how does one send the pdf file as an e-mail Attachment ?

Thanks,
Bob

Mike Easter

Bob wrote:

> New PC came with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0

Ha! Reader 4 was released about 10+ years ago, 1999.

> Guess they changed a few things from older version.
> There used to be a "Save Copy As" which made it all simple.
>
> If I have an open pdf file that I am reading with this new version,

how
> can I (now) save a copy of it so I can have it for later ?

Do you suppose anyone reading here has an installed copy of a 10 yearold
Reader? Or, rather, what makes you think anyone can see what you are
seeing since which 'new' Reader you claim to be using would be
'bizarre'.

> There doesn't seem to be any command anywhere to do this, but I am

sure
> I am just missing it ?

More than likely.

> And, how does one send the pdf file as an e-mail Attachment ?

Once you figure out how to do it, save the .pdf to someplace you can
find it. Then use your mailagent's 'attach file' and find it. Your
newsagent here is Tbird. If you were using Tbird to compose an email,
you would find the attach function in the File menu.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Bob wrote:

> If I have an open pdf file that I am reading with this new version,

how
> can I (now) save a copy of it so I can have it for later ?

Here's a screenshot of the File menu of a normal recent Adobe Reader
http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/Adobe-Reader_3.png

If your view of a .pdf has no menus, maybe you are in fullscreen mode
and you need to hit escape to get out of that mode.

If you are not actually using Adobe Reader, you need to find the name of
the software and its version which you are using.

--
Mike Easter

chuckcar

Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hgd721$s2f$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> Hello,
>
> New PC came with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0
>
> Guess they changed a few things from older version.
> There used to be a "Save Copy As" which made it all simple.
>
> If I have an open pdf file that I am reading with this new version,
> how can I (now) save a copy of it so I can have it for later ?
>
> There doesn't seem to be any command anywhere to do this, but I am
> sure I am just missing it ?

If all else fails, just do a copy and paste of the file itself. That
always works.

> And, how does one send the pdf file as an e-mail Attachment ?

From within your mail program perhaps?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Bob

Hi,

All set now.

Thanks for help.

Bob

Bob wrote:
> All set now.
>
> Thanks for help.

YW. What version of Reader came with your new computer?

--
Mike Easter

Ian Jackson

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mike Easter
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Bob wrote:
>> All set now.
>>
>> Thanks for help.

>YW. What version of Reader came with your new computer?

They're up to version 8 (albeit with a LOT bigger filesize).
This has 'Save a copy' and 'Save as text'.
Many aficionados of freeware use PDF X-Change Viewer instead, and this
does have a 'Save copy as' (although you only have a choice of PDF).
--
Ian