Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Shutdown or Hibernate

Shutdown or Hibernate

Deebrief

Overnight is it safe to put the PC in HIBERNATE rather than shutdown mode.

Cheers

Dee

John McFerren

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:50:20 -0000, Deebrief wrote:

> Overnight is it safe to put the PC in HIBERNATE rather than shutdown mode.
>

> Cheers
>

> Dee

Yes, it is perfectly safe to use Hibernate mode. Just be careful sometimes
a desktop will bring itself out of Hibernate mode on its own to run various
tasks. If that is a problem there is a setting to prevent that (I don't
remember where off hand) or if all else fails disconnect the power cord.
Remember hibernate copies the RAM to a file on the hard disk and powers
off. I use hibernate all the time on my desktop.

Don McKenzie

igotsaurus wrote:
> It will not hurt your computer.
> No version of Windows will stably go in and out of hibernation for very
> long: you will have to reboot at some point.

windows will make you re-boot from time to time, so that will cover it.

I hibernate Netbooks and PCs, and have done so for many years.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

The World's First Large-Scale, Multi-User, Real Time System.
http://www.dontronics.com/first_mult...real_time.html

Yvan Hall

www.superaffiliate7.com

Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site.
You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral
Chelation,
Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers,
household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on
your Computer),
Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.

news1oWm.60451$(E-Mail Removed)2...