Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > security esscential

security esscential

bob

Hi,

Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ?

thanks

Dennis Pack

Bob:
Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based in information
listed on the download page. I tried to install the x64 version on a test
system and it doesn't install, I didn't waste time trying to install the x86
version. Reading the information can be interpreted as having XP x86 support
only for use when using XP x86 on a virtual machine or in XP mode.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ?
>

> thanks

> signature database 4694 (20091216) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4694 (20091216) __________

http://www.eset.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, it won't install and isn't supported on XP x64. Too bad, since I really
like it for an A-V solution.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ?
>

> thanks

ComputerWizz

Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based System Sorry , as i herd i
dont think there going to make a version , try using Avg Free Edition or Avas
, if ou dont mind paying about $30 a year , i recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus
--
ComputerWizz