Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender in a content page

Using ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender in a content page

Cal Who

In Default.aspx I want to move a Table that is in the .Master file.

I tried the following even though I didn't expect it to work; and it didn't.

<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Main.master" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content0" ContentPlaceHolderID="TopImageCPH"
runat="Server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/>

<ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender ID="AnimationExtender1" runat="server"
TargetControlID="Master.TableTop">

<Animations>

<OnLoad>

<Sequence>

<Parallel Duration="0" Fps="30">

<Move AnimationTarget="Master.TableTop" relative="false" Horizontal="350"
Vertical="350"></Move>

</Parallel>

I got no error message - the table just did not move.

Before I moved it to Default.aspx I had similar code in .Master and it woked
OK there.

I moved it because I only what to move the table with the Default.aspx page.

Do you have any suggestion as to what I can try.

The table is "right below" the form. That is:<Form..><Table..>...

What would be a more technical way of saying "right below"

I do have in Web.config the following:

<add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit"
assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>

</controls>

Just because I have that in Web.config I don't think I need

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/>

in the content pages that do not reference ajaxToolkit - do I?

Thanks for any help at all!

Patrice

Hello,

For now I would think that the problem is that the TargetID property should
be just a control name (i.e. Master. is not evaluated, it will just try to a
control named "Master.TableTop", not a control named "TableTop" in the
Master page (accessed through the Master property)...

Try perhaps in your code behind to do something such as :

AnimationExtender1.TargetControlID=Master.TableTop .ClientID;

--
Patrice

discussion : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...