Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How many MegaPixels are too few?

How many MegaPixels are too few?

Chris Malcolm

The Ignorant Role-Play Trolls March On <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 03:06:27 -0800, Bob Williams <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> If only you fools would give advice about things you actually knew. But
> then ... you'd have nothing to type about .... ever.

So it seems that your strategy to find something to type about is to
hang out with people who know a lot less than you so you can sneer at
them. What's the problem? Do the people who know as much as you all
sneer at you?

--
Chris Malcolm

Paul Ciszek

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
The Ignorant Role-Play Trolls March On <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>More talking out of your ass. I bought a Fuji Finepix long ago that only
>has a 2.1 mpx sensor. It's matched perfectly to the lens so that 8x10"
>prints are exceptional and even 11x14" prints of some subjects are doable.

At 120 DPI resolution.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."

berk

OK, Thx most everybody, currently I'm fooling around with a point and
shoot 3Mp Vivitar.

(It was on sale and I needed to take pictures of Server Racks early
the next morning...).

I'm beginning to outgrow it's limitations, even doing the whole Andy
Warhol/Folk Art/Impressionistic thing I'd actually like to get into
Old Dutch masters territory.

berk