Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WinMe adapter recommendations?

WinMe adapter recommendations?

Lunaray

I just purchased a Lynksys WRT54G router and a WPC54G adapter! The router
installed effortlessly and is working fine, but I've struggled with the
adapter for over a week and can't get it to work (Exception errors, Runtime
errors, faulty installattion script, where I had to manually tell it where
to look for missing .dll files, etc.), so I'm sending it back! Any
recommendations for an adapter that will work well on my older WinMe laptop
and talk to my Linksys router without problems?

Thank you!
Ray

Frank

I do not know the answer but I seriously doubt it' was the wpc54g adapter.
The card and it's dll's and it's script are fine for what they need to do.
If you had to do all that said, which I am sure you did, that does not mean
it's the card for sure. Could be time to lose winme. It is the most
unstable, unfriendly and just plain should never have been released OS. Sure
some will report, Hey I have no problems with it. Very shooooooooooooort
list.You can get the xp update pretty cheap these days.
Frank L
"Lunaray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased a Lynksys WRT54G router and a WPC54G adapter! The router
>installed effortlessly and is working fine, but I've struggled with the
>adapter for over a week and can't get it to work (Exception errors, Runtime
>errors, faulty installattion script, where I had to manually tell it where
>to look for missing .dll files, etc.), so I'm sending it back! Any
>recommendations for an adapter that will work well on my older WinMe laptop
>and talk to my Linksys router without problems?
>
> Thank you!
> Ray

Lunaray

Thanks Frank, I think I will do just that, I've never been a fan of WinMe
either!

Frank

Lunaray,
You'll be glad you did. I have the same router and adapter as you have. Work
great!
Good Luck!
Frank L

"Lunaray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Frank, I think I will do just that, I've never been a fan of WinMe
> either!

Lunaray

Frank,

Do you have any problems with streaming audio/video?

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lunaray,
> You'll be glad you did. I have the same router and adapter as you have.
> Work great!
> Good Luck!
> Frank L

Frank

Hey,
I am sorry but I cannot help you their, I have not done that with my setup.
I think if you post such question here you will get some good experiences
Frank

"Lunaray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Frank,
>
> Do you have any problems with streaming audio/video?
>

> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lunaray,
>> You'll be glad you did. I have the same router and adapter as you have.
>> Work great!
>> Good Luck!
>> Frank L

Lunaray