Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > install 64bits XP

install 64bits XP

bob

Hi,

When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again
just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and
CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ?

thanks

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
self created cd ? (slipstream or else)
-> bootrecord not correctly setup

jk

Dominic Payer

If the machine is rebooting part way through the installation you should
ignore the message. The only time you should boot from the CD is when
you are starting the installation.

The message is sent by the BIOS when it recognises the presence of a
bootable disk.

On 14/12/2009 06:48, bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again
> just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and
> CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ?
>
> thanks

Carlos

Bob,
Press "any key" only once when starting the installation.
Disregard any further "press any key" as they are not required.
Just leave the disc inside the drive and let the instalation continue once
the "press any key" prompt has disappeared.
CARLos