Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mobile Windows

Mobile Windows

Kiwiboy

Hi there
I have been given an iPAQ HW6915 and am having a few troubles, that
hopefully someone out there can help me with.
Firstly, I have been trying to connect to my home wireless network. It
can detect the network, but when I type in the password that we use on
the other computers in the house to connect, it just says connecting,
but goes no further. Any ideas?
Also I can not get the laptop to detect it via bluetooth. I was not
given a cradle with the machine to sync with a desktop PC, so I
thought I could get around that problem by synch with bluetooth.
Anymore ideas?

Any suggestions is greatly appreaciated.

Cheers

Troy

victor

Kiwiboy wrote:
> Hi there
> I have been given an iPAQ HW6915 and am having a few troubles, that
> hopefully someone out there can help me with.
> Firstly, I have been trying to connect to my home wireless network. It
> can detect the network, but when I type in the password that we use on
> the other computers in the house to connect, it just says connecting,
> but goes no further. Any ideas?
> Also I can not get the laptop to detect it via bluetooth. I was not
> given a cradle with the machine to sync with a desktop PC, so I
> thought I could get around that problem by synch with bluetooth.
> Anymore ideas?
>
> Any suggestions is greatly appreaciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Troy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipaq#Quick_reference_chart

Looks like it might be 802.11b only ie WEP encryption not WPA