Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > To examples of Chinese quality

To examples of Chinese quality

RichA

On Dec 13, 10:10*pm, "Dick Les" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Metal works well, when it is probably designed.

> What metal? Mercury is a metal, sodium is a metal, zinc is a metal, I
> wouldn't use any of those in a piece of equipment, many plastics are far
> better...

Yes, they made the adapter out of sodium. Honest. Just don't get it
wet.

RichA

On Dec 14, 8:44*am, "Ron Recer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RustY ©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:CzpVm.24145$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>
> > "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)....
> >> Allowing any kind of weight on such adapters is a huge mistake. *Metal
> >> works well, when it is probably designed. *But some cheap Chinese
> >> manufacturer on the 10,000th thread tapping process with worn out
> >> equipment is not likely to produce a sure product, especially at $20-
> >> $50.

> > What are you talking about here ?

> "when it is probably designed"
>
> Apparently he is talking about metal that may have been designed. *I guess
> if it wasn't designed it must have just happened with no advance planning!
>

> Ron

I know, English is a tough language for some. Properly means
correctly. Incorrectly, or improperly, means the product was designed
poorly (relying on worn out and s----- Chinese tooling) and the result
was failure.

Matt Ion

This post translated from the original Engrish...

On 13/12/2009 5:43 PM, RichA wrote:
> Allowing any kind of weight on such adapters is a huge mistake. Metal
> works well, when it is probably designed. But some cheap Chinese
> manufacturer on the 10,000th thread tapping process with worn out
> equipment is not likely to produce a sure product, especially at $20-
> $50.
>
> http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/showthread.php?t=52531
>
> http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/showthread.php?t=53117

John A.

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:50:00 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Dec 13, 10:10*pm, "Dick Les" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> > Metal works well, when it is probably designed.

>> What metal? Mercury is a metal, sodium is a metal, zinc is a metal, I
>> wouldn't use any of those in a piece of equipment, many plastics are far
>> better...

>Yes, they made the adapter out of sodium. Honest. Just don't get it
>wet.

If you do it'll reproduce itself and you'll have mischievous little
cameras running around everywhere wreaking havoc.

A good flash unit might help in that case, though.

John A.

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:51:08 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Dec 14, 8:44*am, "Ron Recer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "RustY ©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:CzpVm.24145$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> > "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > What are you talking about here ?

>> "when it is probably designed"
>>
>> Apparently he is talking about metal that may have been designed. *I guess
>> if it wasn't designed it must have just happened with no advance planning!
>>

>> Ron

>I know, English is a tough language for some. Properly means
>correctly. Incorrectly, or improperly, means the product was designed
>poorly (relying on worn out and s----- Chinese tooling) and the result
>was failure.

I figured that was properly what you meant.

RustY ©

"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C74BEC44.3A0FC%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> What are you talking about here ?
>>

> You think he would know, 'two'?

You mean 'You'd thimk he would know too' ?

-hh

"RustY ©" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> What are you talking about here ?

> > You think he would know, 'two'?

> You mean 'You'd thimk he would know too' ?

Yep, mee thimking to two ttoo!

Yet the real irony is now here:
<http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/845602>

Perhaps RichA can repeat this demonstration while carrying whatever-
metal-camera-he-wants, with himself serving as the mounting plate
(sans chute, of course!).

-hh

OG

"C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On 2009-12-13 17:59:30 -0800, Jürgen Exner <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> ... and to the never-ending rants of RichA
>>
>> jue

> And his examples of American spelling....

After tapping 10,000 threads, quality is bound to suffer.

Mind you, it dropped off well before he got to 10,000

John Turco

Chris H wrote:

<heavily edited for brevity>

> As for Chinese Quality: so far a lot of it has outlasted US Quality by
> several THOUSAND years......

Oh, my, that's very enlightening! I was hardly aware of the USA's stature
as an ancient civilization; Great Britain must be positively prehistoric,
then?

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>