Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cannot login from ACS Admin -Cisco ACS 3.1

Reply
Thread Tools

Cannot login from ACS Admin -Cisco ACS 3.1

 
 
Sakirana Karabudak
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2009
I have a CiscoSecure ACS 3.1 Server for Windows Running on a Windows
2000 Server.
Usually I login from icon ACS Admin, but last week I cannot login and
the error msg is

Invalid Administration Connection.
This machine cannot be used for administration.
Contact the System Administrator for access.

Can someone help me
Thanks

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Morph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2009
In the message
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Sakirana Karabudak wrote:

| I have a CiscoSecure ACS 3.1 Server for Windows Running on a Windows
| 2000 Server.
| Usually I login from icon ACS Admin, but last week I cannot login and
| the error msg is
|
| Invalid Administration Connection.
| This machine cannot be used for administration.
| Contact the System Administrator for access.

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/a...74238&seqNum=6
After successful installation of CS ACS, services are running. However,
when I try to bring up the GUI, I get this error: "Invalid
administration control." What should I do?

Answer: If you have proxy server configured on the browser, you will see
this message. To work around the problem, disable the proxy server
completely.

================================================== ========

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/....html#wp892183
Tip By default, CiscoSecure ACS send the message "Invalid Administration
Connection" when you attempt to access it with an IP address not in a
permitted range. You can disable this message. To do so, select
Administration Control> Session Policy and deselect the Respond to
invalid IP address connections check box.
================================================== ========

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...bac.shtml#qa17
Q. When I try to bring up the GUI, I get an Invalid administration
control error. The installation is successful, and the services run.
What is the problem?

A. This problem is usually seen when the browser has a proxy server
configured. In order to fix this, disable the proxy server completely
and then bring up the ACS administration screen.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sakirana Karabudak
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2009
On Dec 15, 12:40*am, Morph <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In the message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> Sakirana Karabudak wrote:
>
> | I have a CiscoSecure ACS 3.1 *Server for Windows *Running on a Windows
> | 2000 Server.
> | Usually I login from icon ACS Admin, but last week I cannot login and
> | the error msg is
> |
> | Invalid Administration Connection.
> | This machine cannot be used for administration.
> | Contact the System Administrator for access.
>
> http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/a...74238&seqNum=6
> After successful installation of CS ACS, services are running. However,
> when I try to bring up the GUI, I get this error: "Invalid
> administration control." What should I do?
>
> Answer: If you have proxy server configured on the browser, you will see
> this message. To work around the problem, disable the proxy server
> completely.
>
> ================================================== ========
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...roducts_config...
> Tip By default, CiscoSecure ACS send the message "Invalid Administration
> Connection" when you attempt to access it with an IP address not in a
> permitted range. You can disable this message. To do so, select
> Administration Control> Session Policy and deselect the Respond to
> invalid IP address connections check box.
> ================================================== ========
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...roducts_qanda_...
> Q. When I try to bring up the GUI, I get an Invalid administration
> control error. The installation is successful, and the services run.
> What is the problem?
>
> * * A. This problem is usually seen when the browser has a proxy server
> configured. In order to fix this, disable the proxy server completely
> and then bring up the ACS administration screen.


Thank you Morph for the advice,
I tried to disable the proxy but still no luck and I cant change
Session Policy too, because I can not login at all.


Is it possible to change Session Policy from command line?

Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
Morph
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2009
In the message
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Sakirana Karabudak wrote:

| Thank you Morph for the advice,
| I tried to disable the proxy but still no luck and I cant change
| Session Policy too, because I can not login at all.

What exactly has changed since you were able to login? Did you change ip
addresses?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sakirana Karabudak
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2009
On 15 Des, 14:49, Morph <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In the message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> Sakirana Karabudak wrote:
>
> | Thank you Morph for the advice,
> | I tried to disable the proxy but still no luck and I cant change
> | Session Policy too, because I can not login at all.
>
> What exactly has changed since you were able to login? Did you change ip
> addresses?


I did not change anything.
Is there any log file for error like this?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2009
> Invalid Administration Connection.
> This machine cannot be used for administration.
> Contact the System Administrator for access.


It can be some browser settings related problem.
Try with another browser.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent : Direct Client is looking for Informatica Admin &Developer(Admin must) sarah Fernandes Java 0 11-01-2010 05:03 PM
Cannot open database requested in login 'HumanResources'. Login failed for user 'companyDomain\BOSIIS$'. Homer ASP .Net 3 09-25-2007 07:45 PM
Rails: generate scaffold Product Admin overwrites admin pages Phlip Ruby 1 09-15-2006 09:40 PM
Login to admin system through login screen only Colin Graham ASP .Net Security 1 04-11-2005 12:08 PM
Cannot open database requested in login 'xyz'. Login fails. Nans ASP .Net 2 06-17-2004 07:06 AM



Advertisments