Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IE8 Display flaws

IE8 Display flaws

Mary Hanna

Check this web site out with IE8 them use Firefox or Opera

Opera/Firefox displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

Mary Hanna

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:42:10 -0600, "impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Mary Hanna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>> Check this web site out with IE8 them use Firefox or Opera
>>
>> Opera/Firefox displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..
>>

>> http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

>Looks the same to me on IE8 and Firefox.

The Title is to large and displayed wrong plus some layout problems

EMB

Mary Hanna wrote:

> Check this web site out with IE8 them use Firefox or Opera
>
> Opera/Firefox displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..
>

> http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

The issues have **** all to do with IE8 Woger, but a lot to do with the
98 HTML errors and 21 warnings that page gives when run through the W3C
HTML validator. The fact it renders correctly in *any* browser is good
luck rather than a good browser.

AD.

On Dec 13, 7:24*pm, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mary Hanna wrote:
>
> > Check this web site out with IE8 * them use Firefox or Opera

> > Opera/Firefox *displays it Correctly but IE8 does not..

> >http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=38014

> The issues have **** all to do with IE8 Woger, but a lot to do with the
> 98 HTML errors and 21 warnings that page gives when run through the W3C
> HTML validator. *The fact it renders correctly in *any* browser is good
> luck rather than a good browser.

Or I suspect IE8 wasn't released when the 'designer' was randomly
hitting their keyboard until it kinda looked OK in Firefox and Opera
(and I presume earlier IE versions).

The six or more levels of nested tables and the amount of presentation
embedded in attributes made my head hurt. It possibly indicated how
long ago that particular template was originally written too.

And now the markup is probably too convoluted to maintain easily.

--
Cheers
Anton

ie8!=ie8 cecile Javascript 2 05-24-2010 09:04 AM
IE8 Compatibility mode does not solve display issues. LenaMsdn08 ASP .Net 3 10-05-2009 09:16 PM
Re: Advantages of IE8/64 over IE8/32 PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows 64bit 0 08-17-2009 09:43 PM
Re: IE8 picture list display problem Adrienne Boswell HTML 1 07-13-2009 10:03 PM
Security Flaws Bounty Program Tony Raven Firefox 0 08-03-2004 08:01 AM

Advertisments