Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Machine.config & web.config

Machine.config & web.config

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

Hi

if I change something in machine.config files or in web.config is it necessary to restart the computer
Or the IIS

Thank
Daniel

yj

Re: If I change something in machine.config files or in web.config is it
necessary
to restart the computer?
Or the IIS?

- - - -

No. The next time the web app takes off (or someone starts a new session) all
the new configuration parameters will be invoked.

That's the beauty of using XML config files. There is no need to recompile your
apps or to stop/restart your server.

- - Jerry Bucknoff
http://www.setfocus.com/recruiting/profile/print.asp?CID=40306>

Hermit Dave

Elaborating Jerry's point...
if you change you machine.config.. you dont need to restart iis... but next
request will cause all the applications (asp.net applications on that
machine) to restart...
if you change web.config for a particular app... it will restart that app...

--
Regards,
HD
news:(E-Mail Removed)...