Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Active Directory ADO strange objects returned

Active Directory ADO strange objects returned

marc wyburn

Hi,

I have a script that returns data from active directory using ADO.
Everything works except for any fields that use a time value I get an
instance of an object returned called <COMObject GetRows>. I know
it's a time object because if I do object.HighPart or object.LowPart I
get a value back. The bit I don't understand is how I inspect the
object to work out what it is programmatically. Do I need to do some
sort of makepy trickery so that the object is understood by Python? I
have already makepy'd MS ActiveX Data Object 2.8.

thanks, Marc.