Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Allow write to folder with web.config

Allow write to folder with web.config

Ryan

How can I set the write permissions for a certian folder within a virtual
directory using the web.config file?

Essentially, I want to give the ASP.NET user write permissions to the
"uploads" folder so I can upload files to my site.

Thanx

George Durzi

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's something you would set up
directly in the file system.

In web.config, you can use the location tag to specify rights for certain
folders. but that's generally used within FormsAuthentication to allow or
deny access to certain folders.

"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I set the write permissions for a certian folder within a virtual
> directory using the web.config file?
>
> Essentially, I want to give the ASP.NET user write permissions to the
> "uploads" folder so I can upload files to my site.
>
> Thanx

Showjumper

>>>Essentially, I want to give the ASP.NET user write permissions to the
"uploads" folder so I can upload files to my site.
I believe this is done via your host's conrol panel for your site or may
need to be done by the host's people themselves

rpp