Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Office 2010 beta

Office 2010 beta

Scott

I have downloaded this but it seems only to be available as a 32 bit
version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone installed the
64 bit version and are there any problems?

Scott

Bobby Johnson

It depends on which version your selected to download. I think the
Home/Business is only 32-bit. I downloaded Pro Plus 64-bit and have it
on one computer. So far I have not encountered any problems, but I'm
not a heavy Office user.

Scott wrote:
> I have downloaded this but it seems only to be available as a 32 bit
> version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone installed the
> 64 bit version and are there any problems?
>
> Scott

Carlos

Bobby,
One of the known issues (made me go back from Office x64 to x32) is that
Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 doesn't work with Outlook x64.
This keeps you from sinchronizing your Pocket PC or Windows Phone with
Outlook.
The 32-bit of Office 2010 doesn't have this problem.
Carlos

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> It depends on which version your selected to download. I think the
> Home/Business is only 32-bit. I downloaded Pro Plus 64-bit and have it
> on one computer. So far I have not encountered any problems, but I'm
> not a heavy Office user.
>

> Scott wrote:
> > I have downloaded this but it seems only to be available as a 32 bit
> > version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone installed the
> > 64 bit version and are there any problems?
> >
> > Scott

> .

Dominic Payer

If you have plug-ins for any Office program, e.g. Nokia Suite to
synchronise your mobile phone with Outlook, they need to be 64-bit if
they are to work with the 64-bit beta. So far as I know, there are no
such 64-bit plug-ins yet. Hence the advice to install the 32-bit version.

If you intend to use it stand-alone the 64-bit version should be fine.

On 09/12/2009 21:31, Scott wrote:
> I have downloaded this but it seems only to be available as a 32 bit
> version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone installed the
> 64 bit version and are there any problems?
>
> Scott

Bobby Johnson

Thanks, Carlos. I knew this but forgot to mention it in my reply since
I don't use any of those devices.

Bobby