Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Errors, errors, errors

Errors, errors, errors

Mark Goldin

Can someone, please tell me what is that:
Parser Error

Parser Error Message: The located assembly's manifest definition with name
'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' does not match the assembly reference.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="mytree"
Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.116, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %>
Line 2: <%@ import namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>
Line 3: <html>

Source File: D:\testarea\dotnet\samples\treeview1\treeview.aspx Line: 1

Marina

It means that the version asp.net is looking for is 1.0.2.116, but it is not
finding an assembly with that exact version. Whatever version of webcontrols
you have, it is different.

"Mark Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone, please tell me what is that:
> Parser Error

> service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
> details and modify your source file appropriately.
>
> Parser Error Message: The located assembly's manifest definition with name
> 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' does not match the assembly reference.
>
> Source Error:
>
> Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="mytree"
> Namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls"
> Assembly="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.116,

Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %>
> Line 2: <%@ import namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" %>
> Line 3: <html>
>
> Source File: D:\testarea\dotnet\samples\treeview1\treeview.aspx Line: 1

Mark Goldin

How can I check what version I have and what version do I need to work with
news:O#(E-Mail Removed)...