Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Problem with Quartus and HI-Z signal

Problem with Quartus and HI-Z signal

nicx82 nicx82 is offline
Junior Member

Hello,
i have an entity with 38 bidirectional lines. I have a process that initialize a temporary signal to Z (so i have 38 Z):
temp<=ZZZZZZZ

When a control signal goes to '1' this temporary signal is filled with 1 or 0 in precise positions (not all 3 so i have this 38 lines signal with some 0, some 1 and others line with Z. eg;

temp<=ZZ1Z01Z......

After filling the temp signal, this temp signal is copied to bidirectional lines:

IO<=temp

but if i simulate the .vho file from Quartus in my Active project the line that must be Z (high impedance) are 0 or 1 and the others lines are correct.

I think that there is an option settings in quartus for internal signal that takes Z value but i'm not sure.

Please help me. Thanks
Nick