Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > nvidia kernel mode driver not responding and has recovered

nvidia kernel mode driver not responding and has recovered

John Knapp

I keep getting 'nvidia kernel mode driver not responding" when running the
3d batch assessments. I am using a Nvidia gt 220 with the newest drivers in
Win 7 64. Any suggestions?

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20091208-1937.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800C1704E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FF3C230
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Carlos

John,
Has this issue always been present?
(If the answer is no, think of all the changes you did when it first showed
up).
Did you uninstall previous drivers, boot into "VGA" and then install the
latest ones?
NVidia doesn't recommend installing newer drivers on top of the older ones.
Carlos

"John Knapp" wrote:

> I keep getting 'nvidia kernel mode driver not responding" when running the
> 3d batch assessments. I am using a Nvidia gt 220 with the newest drivers in
> Win 7 64. Any suggestions?
>
> Description
> A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem
> WD-20091208-1937.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> WERInternalMetadata.xml
>
> View a temporary copy of these files
> Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
> copy of the files could harm your computer.
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 117
> BCP1: FFFFFA800C1704E0
> BCP2: FFFFF8800FF3C230
> BCP3: 0000000000000000
> BCP4: 0000000000000000
> OS Version: 6_1_7600
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1

John Knapp

It started after the win 7 64 upgrade from Vista 64. I did uninstall
the drivers first. How can I stop windows from installing the default
drivers, which cause me issues, automatically on restart? Do I have to
install them in safe mode?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John,
> Has this issue always been present?
> (If the answer is no, think of all the changes you did when it first
> showed
> up).
> Did you uninstall previous drivers, boot into "VGA" and then install the
> latest ones?
> NVidia doesn't recommend installing newer drivers on top of the older
> ones.
> Carlos
>
> "John Knapp" wrote:
>
>> I keep getting 'nvidia kernel mode driver not responding" when running
>> the
>> 3d batch assessments. I am using a Nvidia gt 220 with the newest drivers
>> in
>> Win 7 64. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Description
>> A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working
>> correctly.
>>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
>> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
>> Locale ID: 1033
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem
>> WD-20091208-1937.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> WERInternalMetadata.xml
>>
>> View a temporary copy of these files
>> Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening
>> copy of the files could harm your computer.
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: 117
>> BCP1: FFFFFA800C1704E0
>> BCP2: FFFFF8800FF3C230
>> BCP3: 0000000000000000
>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>> OS Version: 6_1_7600
>> Service Pack: 0_0
>> Product: 768_1

Carlos

John,
Maybe the real issue is that Win 7 is installed "on top" of Vista.
Anyway, go to Device Manager.
Right click on your NVidia adapter entry, click Properties.
Go to the Controller tab and choose uninstall.
Carlos

"John Knapp" wrote:

> It started after the win 7 64 upgrade from Vista 64. I did uninstall
> the drivers first. How can I stop windows from installing the default
> drivers, which cause me issues, automatically on restart? Do I have to
> install them in safe mode?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > John,
> > Has this issue always been present?
> > (If the answer is no, think of all the changes you did when it first
> > showed
> > up).
> > Did you uninstall previous drivers, boot into "VGA" and then install the
> > latest ones?
> > NVidia doesn't recommend installing newer drivers on top of the older
> > ones.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "John Knapp" wrote:
> >
> >> I keep getting 'nvidia kernel mode driver not responding" when running
> >> the
> >> 3d batch assessments. I am using a Nvidia gt 220 with the newest drivers
> >> in
> >> Win 7 64. Any suggestions?
> >>
> >> Description
> >> A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working
> >> correctly.
> >>
> >> Problem signature
> >> Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
> >> OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
> >> Locale ID: 1033
> >>
> >> Files that help describe the problem
> >> WD-20091208-1937.dmp
> >> sysdata.xml
> >> WERInternalMetadata.xml
> >>
> >> View a temporary copy of these files
> >> Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening
> >> copy of the files could harm your computer.
> >>
> >> Extra information about the problem
> >> BCCode: 117
> >> BCP1: FFFFFA800C1704E0
> >> BCP2: FFFFF8800FF3C230
> >> BCP3: 0000000000000000
> >> BCP4: 0000000000000000
> >> OS Version: 6_1_7600
> >> Service Pack: 0_0
> >> Product: 768_1

John Knapp

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
How do I reinstall? Won't win 7 try to reinstall the default drivers on
restart?. Nvidia 191.07 is problematic. I really want 195.62 which I have in
a downloaded folder

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John,
> Maybe the real issue is that Win 7 is installed "on top" of Vista.
> Anyway, go to Device Manager.
> Right click on your NVidia adapter entry, click Properties.
> Go to the Controller tab and choose uninstall.
> Carlos
>
> "John Knapp" wrote:
>
>> It started after the win 7 64 upgrade from Vista 64. I did uninstall
>> the drivers first. How can I stop windows from installing the default
>> drivers, which cause me issues, automatically on restart? Do I have to
>> install them in safe mode?

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > John,
>> > Has this issue always been present?
>> > (If the answer is no, think of all the changes you did when it first
>> > showed
>> > up).
>> > Did you uninstall previous drivers, boot into "VGA" and then install
>> > the
>> > latest ones?
>> > NVidia doesn't recommend installing newer drivers on top of the older
>> > ones.
>> > Carlos

Carlos

John,
When you uninstall, there is a check box offering you the option of deleting
the driver files.
Carlos

"John Knapp" wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to respond.
> How do I reinstall? Won't win 7 try to reinstall the default drivers on
> restart?. Nvidia 191.07 is problematic. I really want 195.62 which I have in
> a downloaded folder

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > John,
> > Maybe the real issue is that Win 7 is installed "on top" of Vista.
> > Anyway, go to Device Manager.
> > Right click on your NVidia adapter entry, click Properties.
> > Go to the Controller tab and choose uninstall.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "John Knapp" wrote:
> >
> >> It started after the win 7 64 upgrade from Vista 64. I did uninstall
> >> the drivers first. How can I stop windows from installing the default
> >> drivers, which cause me issues, automatically on restart? Do I have to
> >> install them in safe mode?
> >>

> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Knapp

I uninstalled as you suggested. When I restart win7 auto reinstalls the
191.07 driver. This driver is a problem for me and I would like to install
195.62

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John,
> When you uninstall, there is a check box offering you the option of
> deleting
> the driver files.
> Carlos
>
> "John Knapp" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for taking the time to respond.
>> How do I reinstall? Won't win 7 try to reinstall the default drivers on
>> restart?. Nvidia 191.07 is problematic. I really want 195.62 which I have
>> in
>> a downloaded folder

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > John,
>> > Maybe the real issue is that Win 7 is installed "on top" of Vista.
>> > Anyway, go to Device Manager.
>> > Right click on your NVidia adapter entry, click Properties.
>> > Go to the Controller tab and choose uninstall.
>> > Carlos

Carlos

John,
I have run out of options.
My last suggestion is checking these two specific NVidia forums:
"GeForce drivers"
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=33
"GeForce graphic cards"
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=26