Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Cable splitter's effect on cable speed

Re: Cable splitter's effect on cable speed

Leythos

> Some cable modems require an attenuator to function properly. My SA
> WebSTAR DPC2100R2 needs a 10db drop.

The drop depends on the source signal strength just before the CABLE
connects - so it could be 0db to 20db, depending on strength.

Trust yourself.
(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 for proper email address)

Leythos

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:15:40 -0500, Leythos
> <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> Some cable modems require an attenuator to function properly. My SA
> >> WebSTAR DPC2100R2 needs a 10db drop.
> >>

> >The drop depends on the source signal strength just before the CABLE
> >connects - so it could be 0db to 20db, depending on strength.

> Attenuator says -10db. Notice the "MY" reference. Intelligent people
> can parse. <omit RtS from last sentence>

I left the - also because I thought we were all on the same page.