Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: How to use remote to control video with Canon SX1 IS?

Re: How to use remote to control video with Canon SX1 IS?

Bart Bailey

In Message-ID:<Q9kTm.356637$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com> posted on
Tue, 08 Dec 2009 03:58:40 GMT, James Egan wrote: Begin

>I just got a Canon SX1 IS digital camera, which came with a wireless
>controller. According to Canon support, it's capable of controlling
>video. Here's part of Canon's email response:
>
>"The remote is pretty straight forward. You can zoom, play, pause, and
>stop the recording using the remote but the camera will need to be set
>to the video mode."
>
>So, I start the video recording, turn the display so it's facing me, then
>sit in front of the camera, but none of the buttons on the remote do
>anything. I double checked that the batteries are installed correctly.
>The documentation is very vague. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
>-Thanks

Quick check;
Look at the remote through the camera,
it should show the IR pulses if it's working.

Toxic

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:04:00 -0800, Bart Bailey wrote:

> Quick check;
> Look at the remote through the camera, it should show the IR pulses if
> it's working.

He's right.
My camera will show the IR light from all my remotes
if I look at them through the viewer, so will the night vision.
They look greenish.