Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > multiple sip trunks on 2600 ?

Reply
Thread Tools

multiple sip trunks on 2600 ?

 
 
tg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2009
I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was several
different phone numbers for incoming calls.
1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to a
later router? (which one).
2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do multiple
sip trunks?
I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks if
the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my router
then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers
(DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

thanks for any advice.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Doug McIntyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2009
"tg" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
>c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
>simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was several
>different phone numbers for incoming calls.
>1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to a
>later router? (which one).
>2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do multiple
>sip trunks?
>I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks if
>the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
>provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my router
>then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers
>(DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.



I don't believe the ability to register with multiple SIP usernames
came until CUBE (not happening on a 2651XM), or until something real
recent on regular sip-ua IOS revisions.

Hmm, this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/...egistrars.html

says 15.0(1)XA, but I thought there was something earlier, but its
highly doubtful that a recent enough revision would be old enough to still
function on a 2651XM. I just can't find a 12.4(x)xx type release for it.

So, I guess the authoritative answer is anything that runs 15.0(1)XA
and has that feature in it.


You could have some sort of SIP proxy box in front of the Cisco that
does the registration for external SIP trunks, and doesn't require
authentication back internal to your cisco gateway, but probably an
upgrade to a 2800 or 2900 would be the ticket otherwise.






 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thrill5
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-08-2009

"Doug McIntyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4b1d40e6$0$33861$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> "tg" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
>>c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
>>simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was several
>>different phone numbers for incoming calls.
>>1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to a
>>later router? (which one).
>>2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do multiple
>>sip trunks?
>>I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks if
>>the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
>>provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my
>>router
>>then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers
>>(DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

>
>
> I don't believe the ability to register with multiple SIP usernames
> came until CUBE (not happening on a 2651XM), or until something real
> recent on regular sip-ua IOS revisions.
>
> Hmm, this document
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/...egistrars.html
>
> says 15.0(1)XA, but I thought there was something earlier, but its
> highly doubtful that a recent enough revision would be old enough to still
> function on a 2651XM. I just can't find a 12.4(x)xx type release for it.
>
> So, I guess the authoritative answer is anything that runs 15.0(1)XA
> and has that feature in it.
>
>
> You could have some sort of SIP proxy box in front of the Cisco that
> does the registration for external SIP trunks, and doesn't require
> authentication back internal to your cisco gateway, but probably an
> upgrade to a 2800 or 2900 would be the ticket otherwise.
>
>

A SIP trunk is nothing more than a connection to service provider and your
provider can give you as many incoming numbers as you want (or willing to
pay for). The feature listed above is only needed if you want to register
with more than one provider.


 
Reply With Quote
 
tg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2009
unfortunately my sip provider will only issue one number per account, which
means one number per username/password combo. The 2600 will only accept one
username/password combo for sip so I expect I'd have to find another
provider, but I haven't yet seen one that provides multiple numbers on the
one account.


 
Reply With Quote
 
alexd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-16-2009
Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, tg chose
the tried and tested strategy of:

> I expect I'd have to find another provider, but I haven't yet seen one
> that provides multiple numbers on the one account.


You could use an external aggregator like pbxes.com.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ((E-Mail Removed))
18:42:45 up 18 days, 22:35, 8 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Plant food is a made up drug

 
Reply With Quote
 
markhood
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-28-2012
markhood had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/cis...600-46096-.htm
:

tg wrote:




> I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
> c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
> simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was
> several
> different phone numbers for incoming calls.
> 1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to
> a
> later router? (which one).
> 2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do
> multiple
> sip trunks?
> I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks
> if
> the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
> provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my
> router
> then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone
> numbers
> (DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.


> thanks for any advice.






-------------------------------------

you have to use another service or have to create multiple accounts for
different sip numbers. you can not have multiple numabers on a single sip
account

http://www.altaworx.com


--
+----------------------------------------------------------
| http://forums.cabling-design.com/
| *** a better way to USENET ***
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup
| comp.dcom.sys.cisco - 52626 messages and counting!
+----------------------------------------------------------

 
Reply With Quote
 
Doug McIntyre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2012
alexd <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>markhood (for it is he) wrote:


>> you have to use another service or have to create multiple accounts for
>> different sip numbers. you can not have multiple numabers on a single sip
>> account


>Surely that can't be right. What do people with multiple SIP DDIs do? One
>account per DDI?


Use different hardware than a 2600.

Cisco's multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks feature was added to the
code base long after the 2600 was end-of-development.

Or use something else and feed the consolidated trunks back to the
cisco the one way it likes to take it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: [OT] SIP/VoIP and multiple SIP clients (phones) Andrew Gabriel UK VOIP 1 08-28-2011 08:33 AM
PWR-2600-AC 2600 power supply to switch over a DC router? dehusk@gmail.com Cisco 2 08-09-2008 10:47 PM
Asterisk forgetting context for SIP trunks alexd UK VOIP 1 05-09-2007 08:48 PM
SIP trunks and DID's phil.bartlett@comtek.co.uk UK VOIP 4 07-02-2006 09:30 PM
Re: vlan1 on trunks 2924XL 2950 Chris Marva Cisco 0 07-07-2003 03:01 PM



Advertisments