Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > wierd one

wierd one

Kue2

Using Windows 7 pro 64

Just looked in the action center, and found entries stating Windows shutdown
unexpectedly.
I have shutdown normally no errors whatsoever. It appears the Reliability
Monitor
is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
Anyone seen this error before?

Carlos

Hugh,
Your PC may have restarted abnormally when you were absent.
Check event viewer (Windows Key + R, "eventvwr.msc" and <ENTER>)
Look for System entries under Windows records (or however it is translated).
Search for an "Error" in column one corresponding to "Eventlog" in column 3
and read it.
An unexpected restart logs something like "The previous system shutdown at
.... hrs was unexpected".
Time for detective work!
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> Using Windows 7 pro 64
>
> Just looked in the action center, and found entries stating Windows shutdown
> unexpectedly.
> I have shutdown normally no errors whatsoever. It appears the Reliability
> Monitor
> is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
> Anyone seen this error before?

Kue2

been there done that event viewer event 6008.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hugh,
> Your PC may have restarted abnormally when you were absent.
> Check event viewer (Windows Key + R, "eventvwr.msc" and <ENTER>)
> Look for System entries under Windows records (or however it is
> translated).
> Search for an "Error" in column one corresponding to "Eventlog" in column
> 3
> and read it.
> An unexpected restart logs something like "The previous system shutdown at
> ... hrs was unexpected".
> Time for detective work!
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> Using Windows 7 pro 64
>>
>> Just looked in the action center, and found entries stating Windows
>> shutdown
>> unexpectedly.
>> I have shutdown normally no errors whatsoever. It appears the Reliability
>> Monitor
>> is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
>> Anyone seen this error before?

Kue2

also does not show up in problem reports.............in action center.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> been there done that event viewer event 6008.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hugh,
>> Your PC may have restarted abnormally when you were absent.
>> Check event viewer (Windows Key + R, "eventvwr.msc" and <ENTER>)
>> Look for System entries under Windows records (or however it is
>> translated).
>> Search for an "Error" in column one corresponding to "Eventlog" in column
>> 3
>> and read it.
>> An unexpected restart logs something like "The previous system shutdown
>> at
>> ... hrs was unexpected".
>> Time for detective work!
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Kue2" wrote:
>>
>>> Using Windows 7 pro 64
>>>
>>> Just looked in the action center, and found entries stating Windows
>>> shutdown
>>> unexpectedly.
>>> I have shutdown normally no errors whatsoever. It appears the
>>> Reliability
>>> Monitor
>>> is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
>>> Anyone seen this error before?

Carlos

Hugh,
These faulty shutdowns are quite difficult to pin down.
I fixed one of those in my PC two weeks ago: graphic card heatsink pipes
were clogged with dust, fan was ineffective, temperature was high.
I had to disassemble the card, clean everthing and that was it, no more
shutdowns.
One year back I had to switch to a new mobo due to sudden restarts.
A friend of mine had to replace an electrolytic capacitor on the mobo due to
sudden restarts.
The root causes are inifinite.
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> also does not show up in problem reports.............in action center.
>
> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > been there done that event viewer event 6008.
> >
> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hugh,
> >> Your PC may have restarted abnormally when you were absent.
> >> Check event viewer (Windows Key + R, "eventvwr.msc" and <ENTER>)
> >> Look for System entries under Windows records (or however it is
> >> translated).
> >> Search for an "Error" in column one corresponding to "Eventlog" in column
> >> 3
> >> and read it.
> >> An unexpected restart logs something like "The previous system shutdown
> >> at
> >> ... hrs was unexpected".
> >> Time for detective work!
> >> Carlos

Kue2

Carlos is not a faulty shutdown, it's a faulty report......

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hugh,
> These faulty shutdowns are quite difficult to pin down.
> I fixed one of those in my PC two weeks ago: graphic card heatsink pipes
> were clogged with dust, fan was ineffective, temperature was high.
> I had to disassemble the card, clean everthing and that was it, no more
> shutdowns.
> One year back I had to switch to a new mobo due to sudden restarts.
> A friend of mine had to replace an electrolytic capacitor on the mobo due
> sudden restarts.
> The root causes are inifinite.
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> also does not show up in problem reports.............in action center.
>>
>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > been there done that event viewer event 6008.
>> >
>> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

NQ

Kue2 wrote:
> Using Windows 7 pro 64
>
> Just looked in the action center, and found entries stating Windows
> shutdown unexpectedly.
> I have shutdown normally no errors whatsoever. It appears the
> Reliability Monitor
> is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
> Anyone seen this error before?

I've had a faulty report once a couple weeks ago on my Windows 7 premium
and couldn't find a cause for it either.I was sitting in front of my pc
using it and noticed later in the Event Viewer I had a critical warning
for power loss and a faulty shut down which hadn't happen because I was
using my pc at the time the power loss was suppose to have happen.I
figure it was just a glinch as long as it hasn't happen again.

Wierd one UKuser HTML 3 11-23-2006 11:22 PM
Cisco VPN and wierd Wireless problem (one card works, other won't) Russ Cisco 2 07-13-2005 08:38 AM
Here is a wierd one..... Todd Howard Computer Information 6 11-05-2003 12:14 AM

Advertisments