Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Coolpix LCD is crap in daylight

Nikon Coolpix LCD is crap in daylight

Don Lope de Aguirre

Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

ray

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 20:02:30 -0800, Don Lope de Aguirre wrote:

> Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if
> the LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is
> and hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a
> lot of camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay
> another $100.00 just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

I guess someone held a gun to your head and made you buy it. You didn't
know it had no viewfinder???

Rich

On Dec 5, 11:02*pm, "Don Lope de Aguirre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
> LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

All LCDs are crap in sunlight.

michael adams

"Don Lope de Aguirre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:009701ec$0$23808$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
> LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

Or put a coat or similar over your head ?

michael adams

Ray Shafranski

"Don Lope de Aguirre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:009701ec$0$23808$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
> LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot
> of camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another
> $100.00 just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

At least Fujifilm cameras all have an EVF.

David J Taylor

"Ray Shafranski" <> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[]
> At least Fujifilm cameras all have an EVF.

All have an EVF? Where's the EVF here?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...ifilm_a170.asp

David

M-M

That's like saying, "My Porsche drives like crap on the ice."
--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com

Mort

George Kerby wrote:

> On 12/5/09 10:02 PM, in article 009701ec$0$23808$(E-Mail Removed),
> "Don Lope de Aguirre"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
>> LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
>> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
>> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
>> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.
>>

> If you bought a Canon, you wouldn't have that problem. Did you pay only
> fifty bucks for that "Crude-Pix"?
>
> <http://www.nextag.com/canon-sd1200/compare-html>

Several Canon point-and-shoots have no optical viewfinder, including the
new SD 980.

Mort

Wolfgang Weisselberg

M-M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> That's like saying, "My Porsche drives like crap on the ice."

P&S need good light, so of course they should work in the
sun. It's like saying "My Porsche drives like crap on the
road." "on the ice" would be near darkness for P&S cameras.

-Wolfgang

Mike S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Dec 5, 11:02*pm, "Don Lope de Aguirre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Why do these ****ers put just an LCD for viewing and no viewfinder if the
>> LCD is **** in bright daylight? I have to guess where the subject is and
>> hope for the best. You are dumbasses Nikon! OK, not just Nikon but a lot of
>> camera companies are doing the same thing. You have to pay another $100.00
>> just to get a P&S with a viewfinder.

>All LCDs are crap in sunlight.

The LCD displays on my Garmin GPS navigator, and my Nokia smartphone, are
perfectly and brilliantly readable in direct sunlight - because the
designers took that into account and put a reflective panel behind the
LCD. It's called a transflective display - and it's well past high time
that camera manufacturers started putting them in digital cameras.