Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > so now my virtual machine is not working.

so now my virtual machine is not working.

charles kuchar

in installing drivers for the scanner I was restarting vitual xp a lot of
times. now I have a message that virtual integration features are disabled
and need to shut down virtual machine and start it again. the restart does
not work on the screen like a dos screen. and using the control alt delete
button does not shut it down. I have also restarted win7 but still can't
get the virtual machine going... can anybody give me a clue as to what to
do now? charlie

charles kuchar

tool/settings then choose shutdown method. the only one that worked finally
was the 'turn off' button. the 'shut down' button did not solve the
problem. working more now that i'm retired than when i was a system
engineer... charlie

"charles kuchar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> in installing drivers for the scanner I was restarting vitual xp a lot of
> times. now I have a message that virtual integration features are
> disabled and need to shut down virtual machine and start it again. the
> restart does not work on the screen like a dos screen. and using the
> control alt delete button does not shut it down. I have also restarted
> win7 but still can't get the virtual machine going... can anybody give me
> a clue as to what to do now? charlie

Carlos

Charles,
Try Windows 7 System restore to the moment previous to the scanner drivers
installation.
That should take you to square one.
Carlos

"charles kuchar" wrote:

> in installing drivers for the scanner I was restarting vitual xp a lot of
> times. now I have a message that virtual integration features are disabled
> and need to shut down virtual machine and start it again. the restart does
> not work on the screen like a dos screen. and using the control alt delete
> button does not shut it down. I have also restarted win7 but still can't
> get the virtual machine going... can anybody give me a clue as to what to
> do now? charlie

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
i guess he installed the scanner driver into the XP virtual machine.
not into windows 7 HOST
jk