Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > System.mdw Not Found Problem

System.mdw Not Found Problem

Pat

I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007. A little program that I have won't
start because it says "system.mdw not found". It did work before upgrading
from Vista to Windows 7. I definitely do not want to go back to Vista!

I did a search and don't have this on my computer. Where can I get it so
that I can use the program?

Pat

Bobby Johnson

If you did a regular upgrade from Vista x64 to Win 7 x64 you probably
need to re-install Office 2007. There are lots of posts in the Win 7
Technet forum about multiple problems after upgrading from Vista to Win
7 and the usual recommendation is to backup all important data and do a
clean install of Win 7.

Otherwise I would recommend posting your question in the Technet forum
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...compat/threads

Pat wrote:
> I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007. A little program that I have won't
> start because it says "system.mdw not found". It did work before upgrading
> from Vista to Windows 7. I definitely do not want to go back to Vista!
>
> I did a search and don't have this on my computer. Where can I get it so
> that I can use the program?
>
> Pat

R. C. White

Hi, Pat.

A quick search on Bing found this KB article:
ODE97: Run-Time Application Cannot Find System.mdw After Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162961

One helpful quote from there: "There are four methods to resolve this
problem. " Does this help - or at least get you headed towards a solution?
If not, there are many more "hits" (433,000!) for that search.

In my Win7 Ultimate x64, with the full Office 2010 beta installed, I find
that file in just one place:
C:\Users\RC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Access\syste m.mdw

You might try substituting your own username for "RC" and see if you have
that in your Win7. But, even if you have the file, it might not work until
you re-install Office 2007 in Win7 so that it can make the proper entries in
its Registry. You said, " It did work before upgrading from Vista to
Windows 7." MOST apps and settings upgrade properly, but this may be one of
the settings that work better after a clean install - of both Win7 and
Office.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA