Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Linksys router and Belkin PCI card

Re: Linksys router and Belkin PCI card

Lem

Rex D Last wrote:
> I am new to this group and apologise if this has been answered before.
>
> My old Belkin wireless router modem gave up and I've bought a new
> Linksys WAG160N. This connects perfectly to one PC by cable and
> wirelessly to a Sony Vaio laptop. Another PC has a Belkin PCI wireless
> network card and this and the router cannot 'see' each other. Can anyone
> suggest how to do this or is it impossible? All 3 computers are
> running XP SP3.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Your new Linksys router is wireless-N. Your old Belkin PCI card
probably is wireless-G or even wireless-B. Enter the router's web
configuration utility and go to Basic Wireless Settings and ensure that
"Network Mode" is "mixed" (which should be the default). See the Linksys
User Guide for more details.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago: