Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > UPC Barcodes

UPC Barcodes

Sailor Sam

Is there a list of food related barcodes, or do I have to scan items at
the supermarket and do a lot of data entry myself?

EMB

Sailor Sam wrote:
> Is there a list of food related barcodes, or do I have to scan items at
> the supermarket and do a lot of data entry myself?

Probably the latter. Depending on what you want to do with the data you
*might* get Foodstuffs to give you an electronic copy with zero pricing.
Failing that you could find a friendly grocer and bribe a copy of the
POS pricefile out of him.

victor

EMB wrote:
> Sailor Sam wrote:
>> Is there a list of food related barcodes, or do I have to scan items
>> at the supermarket and do a lot of data entry myself?

> Probably the latter. Depending on what you want to do with the data you
> *might* get Foodstuffs to give you an electronic copy with zero pricing.
> Failing that you could find a friendly grocer and bribe a copy of the
> POS pricefile out of him.

There are some online
http://gepir.gs1.org/V31/xx/
http://www.ean-search.org/
http://www.upcdatabase.com/
http://www.adams1.com/faq.html#upclist

EMB

victor wrote:

> There are some online
> http://gepir.gs1.org/V31/xx/
> http://www.ean-search.org/
> http://www.upcdatabase.com/
> http://www.adams1.com/faq.html#upclist

I went down that track a couple of years ago. Most of them are very
light on products sold in NZ - the UPC ones are US-centric in the
extreme, and the EAN ones have very little coverage of the 93... (Aus)
and 94... (NZ) number series so are pretty useless here.

Sailor Sam

EMB wrote:
> victor wrote:
>>
>> There are some online
>> http://gepir.gs1.org/V31/xx/
>> http://www.ean-search.org/
>> http://www.upcdatabase.com/
>> http://www.adams1.com/faq.html#upclist

Bonus, thanks.

> I went down that track a couple of years ago. Most of them are very
> light on products sold in NZ - the UPC ones are US-centric in the
> extreme, and the EAN ones have very little coverage of the 93... (Aus)
> and 94... (NZ) number series so are pretty useless here.

I'll follow up your other idea there, and if successful will publish the
listing(s)