Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > visual studio .net 2003 verses visual studio .net 2002

visual studio .net 2003 verses visual studio .net 2002

wh

Assuming I have an asp.net web site written using Visual Studio .Net 2002
(i.e. for v1.3705 of the .Net Framework). Would I be able to copy the aspx
pages (together with the code behind files) and the .cs files used to build
a .dll
component library to a machine that has Visual Studio .Net 2003 and
compile/build from there?

I'm aware that this version uses v1.1 of the .Net Framework, so assuming
that I'd like to copy them back to the machine with Visual Studio .Net 2002
I'd have to be careful not to use features not available in the earlier v1.0
..Net Framework.

Wayne.

bruce barker

this will mostly work. the solution and project file formats are different
between 2002 & 2003, so they will have to be maintained separately.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"wh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lWTNb.11833$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Assuming I have an asp.net web site written using Visual Studio .Net 2002
> (i.e. for v1.3705 of the .Net Framework). Would I be able to copy the aspx
> pages (together with the code behind files) and the .cs files used to

build
> a .dll
> component library to a machine that has Visual Studio .Net 2003 and
> compile/build from there?
>
> I'm aware that this version uses v1.1 of the .Net Framework, so assuming
> that I'd like to copy them back to the machine with Visual Studio .Net

2002
> I'd have to be careful not to use features not available in the earlier

v1.0
> .Net Framework.
>
> Wayne.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The project file and solution file are changed when opened, so you will have
to hold onto a copy of the 2002 version and only copy source files back to
recompile in 2002.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA